Page directive shows in rendered html

Guest

When our asp.net pages are rendered out as html the page directive is still
in the html.

ie. The following page directive is present in the body of the html of the
rendered page:
<%@ Page CodeBehind="about.aspx.cs" Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false"
Inherits="Briggs.about" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="WebUserControlSearch"
Src="WebUserControlSearch.ascx" %>

Please let me know how I can stop this from happening.

Thanks in advance!

Guest

asp.net is running. Other pages in that directory have dynamic content
rendered out and no page directives in their html body. I'm wondering if
there is something that will tell the ASP.NET worker process not to process a
certain .aspx page...?

Juan T. Llibre

Homer,

Please answer these questions :

1. Which .Net Framework does your application target ?

2. Is there anything different between the page directives in the
pages that *do* work, in the same directory, and the one which doesn't work ?

i.e., do you have *any* pages with page directives that *do* work ?

3. What happens if you add a page directive to a working page which doesn't have one?

Try a simple one, like :

<%@ Page Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" %>

If *that* works, the problem is -probably- with your code.

Guest

Juan,

Thanks so much for you help. It turned out there were two files with the
same content, one of which was a .htm the other was an .aspx. The .htm had
was being processed first by IIS becuase of the default document order.

We managed to piece it together.

Thanks again,
Tyler

Juan T. Llibre