Page directive of classes of ASP.NET 2.0 projects?

Martin Rosén-Lidholm

In ASP.NET 2.0 (using VS.NET 2005 beta 1), you can define an available base
class in the web.config file.

I can also define the available base class for a class by using the Inherits
attribute of the page directive of the class at hand, since I want different
view classes to inherit from different base classes.

However, the Inherits attribute doesn't show up in the intellisense, like it
does e.g. for web user controls.

Is this based on a design of ASP.NET 2.0, or is it a bug of beta 1? ...
other reason?

Thanx!

// Martin Rosén-Lidholm

Matt Berther

Hello Martin Rosén-Lidholm,

I'd heard a rumour that the Inherits attribute may not be supported in VS.NET
2005.

Out of curiousity, how are you defining a base class for your pages in the
web.config?