Page Trace Displayed After Postback

bjanaszek

I am migrating the reporting functionality of my company's web
application from Crystal Reports 9.x to SQL Reporting Services 2000,
and I am using the Reporting Services web service to render the reports
to the browser (typically as PDFs). The typical process for retrieving
a report is as follows:

1. A screen in the parent browser window collects the report criteria.
2. A button click posts back the parent window to process the criteria
and a new browser window is opened via Javascript, with the parameters
for the report passed along in the query string.
3. The ASPX page in the new browser window (child window) processes the
query string parameters, and requests the report from the Report
Server.
4. The binary array returned from the web service is written to the
response stream (with proper header information set for the file type)
and the report is opened in the child browser window.

The above process works without fail. The issue is, sometimes (and
only sometimes), when posting back in the parent browser window after
the report is rendered in the child window, the page trace is rendered
along with the HTML. Trace is disabled at both the page and
application level (in the web.config), but the trace still appears.
I'm assuming this has something to do with rendering the PDF, but I
think I'm dotting all the Is and crossing all the Ts as far as
rendering the report to the Response stream:

Code is below (VB.Net):

results = reportProxy.Render(ReportName, format, Nothing,
Nothing, Parameters, Nothing, Nothing, Encoding, MimeType, Nothing,
Nothing, Nothing)
Response.AppendHeader("content-length",
results.Length.ToString())
Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition",
"inline:filename=" & ReportName & "_report." & extension)
Response.ContentType = contentType
Response.Clear()
Response.BinaryWrite(results)
Response.Flush()
Response.Clear()
Response.End()

Am I missing something that might cause the trace to rendered on a
different page?

TIA,
brian