    cannot debug in .NET 2005 anymore. I get an error that says debugger could
    not start.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?UGVycnl0?=, Oct 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGVycnl0?=

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Anything in the Event Log? Did you change any passwords recently? Did you do
    as suggested under Help on the debugger error message?

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 9, 2006

  3. Nothing in the event log, there are no suggestions in help.

    I have found out that if I run a .NET development site as "file system"
    instead of "localhost" it does work???

    I think this tells me that it is a permissions issue with the ASPNET
    account but not sure. I have found articles that say to change the username
    property of the ProcessModel node in Machine.config, in the 2.0
    machine.config there is NO username.

    Not sure where to go next.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGVycnl0?=, Oct 9, 2006
  4. What happened between when it was working and now. What configuration
    changes were made, installs, etc?

    Marina Levit [MVP], Oct 9, 2006
  5. I did make a few config changes, namely I installed the c++ components of
    visual Studio 2005. There was also a windows update loaded. However I have
    ran back to arestore point prior to that time and it still does not work. I
    have uninstalled rebooted and installed rebooted iis several times. I also
    uninstalled and reinstalled Visual studio.net

    I have run aspnet_regiis -i several times also.

    I can tell you if I create a website using the file system option in .NET it
    works and debugs fine. I have also update the Processmodel username property
    in the machine.config to system.

    Please any ideas.?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGVycnl0?=, Oct 9, 2006