Pages no longer rendering

Guest

HELP...

any .NET web pages aspx or asmx files will no longer work. In addition I
cannot debug in .NET 2005 anymore. I get an error that says debugger could
not start.

Thanks

Jeff Dillon

Anything in the Event Log? Did you change any passwords recently? Did you do
as suggested under Help on the debugger error message?

Jeff

Guest

Nothing in the event log, there are no suggestions in help.

I have found out that if I run a .NET development site as "file system"
instead of "localhost" it does work???

I think this tells me that it is a permissions issue with the ASPNET
account but not sure. I have found articles that say to change the username
property of the ProcessModel node in Machine.config, in the 2.0
machine.config there is NO username.

Not sure where to go next.

Marina Levit [MVP]

What happened between when it was working and now. What configuration
changes were made, installs, etc?

Guest

I did make a few config changes, namely I installed the c++ components of
visual Studio 2005. There was also a windows update loaded. However I have
ran back to arestore point prior to that time and it still does not work. I
have uninstalled rebooted and installed rebooted iis several times. I also
uninstalled and reinstalled Visual studio.net

I have run aspnet_regiis -i several times also.

I can tell you if I create a website using the file system option in .NET it
works and debugs fine. I have also update the Processmodel username property
in the machine.config to system.

Please any ideas.?