Pages not posting back

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by GrantMagic, Oct 5, 2004.

  1. GrantMagic

    GrantMagic Guest

    Since installing .Net framework v1.1 Service Pack, i have found some issues
    regarding post backs on my secure server.
    I have also read about many people having similair issues and for once want
    some clarity on what is going on here.

    I have numerous forms on my secure server (those for logging in,
    registering, checking out etc.), and on some sites these seem to have
    stopped working.
    After playing around (in a very stressfull manor), i found that validation
    tags were preventing the forms from posting back.
    Changing these tags to EnableClientScripting=false seemed to solve the
    problem.

    I then went onto a different site where i realised that i could not log on,
    but strangely, my colleague could.
    I cleared my internet files, and voila ... the problem was fixed.

    I have now set:
    Response.Expires = -1000;
    Response.ExpiresAbsolute = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-10);
    on all my pages to prevent this from hopefully appening to our thousands of
    customers who large percentage are mostly experiencing this problem.

    Please can someone share some insight into why this happens, or a link to a
    comprehensive explanation on this issue.

    Again, It only occurs on my secure server and it seemed to start happening
    after the service pack was installed

    Thanks In Advance

    Regards

    Grant

    GrantMagic, Oct 5, 2004

  2. GrantMagic

    GrantMagic Guest

    Adding to this problem, i have relised that it is not just out secure
    server.
    We have actually not installed the Service pack on the normal server and
    that, for me, proves its related to the service pack

    Please, anyone with some feedback

    GrantMagic, Oct 5, 2004