parse error in ASP.NET using VB.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Davis, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. John Davis

    John Davis Guest

    I created an empty web project in VB.NET, and created a simple WebForm1.
    When I run it in URL, it throws this parse error. Any ideas what's going on?

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebProject2.WebForm1'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebProject2.WebForm1"%>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebProject2\WebForm1.aspx Line: 1

    John Davis, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Did you compile it first?

    Thomas Robertson, Aug 26, 2003