Parser Error Message

Jim Duffie

Hi,

can anyone give me a clue why I am getting the following error,

Thanks,
Jim

Parser Error Message: Could not load type System.Web.UI.WebControls.Menu
from assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP

Hi Jim,

That could mean that your project hasn't been compiled, the DLL is missing,
or that there's a syntax error in the web.config file.

Any of the above apply?

Ken

Jim Duffie

Hi,

thanks. I have tried complling it locally then FTP'ing the code to the
server but it still gives the same error. Web.config below. Any ideas
appreciated as I am a newbie. It worked fine locally

Regards,
Jim

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--

Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the

web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use

the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.

A full list of settings and comments can be found in

machine.config.comments usually located in

\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config

-->

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">

<appSettings/>

<connectionStrings/>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode ="off"/>

<!--

Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging

symbols into the compiled page. Because this

affects performance, set this value to true only

during development.

-->

<compilation debug="true" />

<!--

The <authentication> section enables configuration

of the security authentication mode used by

ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.

-->

<!--

<authentication mode="Windows" />

The <customErrors> section enables configuration

of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs

during the execution of a request. Specifically,

it enables developers to configure html error pages

to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">

<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />

<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />

</customErrors>

-->

</system.web>

</configuration>