Parser Error - pls help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by VB Programmer, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. If I run my ASP.NET solution locally it runs perfectly. I uploaded it to my
    website and I keep getting this error on load..

    Any ideas? Thanks.

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'MyWeb.Global'.

    Source Error:
    Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="MyWeb.Global"
    %>

    Source File: c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxx\MyWeb\global.asax Line:

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    Version:1.1.4322.2032

    VB Programmer, Mar 29, 2005

  2. VB Programmer wrote:
    > If I run my ASP.NET solution locally it runs perfectly. I uploaded it to my
    > website and I keep getting this error on load..
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks.
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.
    >
    > Parser Error
    > service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
    > details and modify your source file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'MyWeb.Global'.
    >
    > Source Error:
    > Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="MyWeb.Global"
    > %>
    >
    > Source File: c:\hosting\webhost4life\member\xxxx\MyWeb\global.asax Line:
    > 1

    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
    > Version:1.1.4322.2032

    Did you copy the bin/.dll file up there as well? It can't find the
    compiled version of global.asax.vb

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Wierd. I recompiled and copied up the new DLL and the ASPX file up there it
    was fine.
    :) Thanks

    VB Programmer, Mar 29, 2005