Parser

Andreas Löscher

Hi,
I am looking for an easy to use parser. I am want to get an overview
over parsing and want to try to get some information out of a C-Header
file. Which parser would you recommend?

Best,
Andreas

Martin v. Loewis

Andreas said:
Hi,
I am looking for an easy to use parser. I am want to get an overview
over parsing and want to try to get some information out of a C-Header
file.

To get information from a header file, try Tools/scripts/h2py.py

Regards,
Martin

Chris Rebert

I don't know if it's that easy to get started with though. The
companion for-pay book is *most excellent*, but it seems to have been
written to the detriment of the normal online docs.

Cheers,
Chris

dmtr

I don't know if it's that easy to get started with though. The
companion for-pay book is *most excellent*, but it seems to have been
written to the detriment of the normal online docs.

Cheers,
Chris
--http://blog.rebertia.com

IMO ANTLR is much easier to use compared to any other tool simply
because it has excellent GUI (the quality of which is amazing).

Stefan Behnel

dmtr, 03.05.2010 07:39:
IMO ANTLR is much easier to use compared to any other tool simply
because it has excellent GUI (the quality of which is amazing).

See? Explanations help more than bold statements.

Stefan

andrew cooke

Hi,
I am looking for an easy to use parser. I am want to get an overview
over parsing and want to try to get some information out of a C-Header
file. Which parser would you recommend?

Best,
Andreas

I develop Lepl - http://www.acooke.org/lepl/

I think it's easy to use, and other people have said the documentation
is fairly good. It doesn't have a GUI like Antlr, but it is recursive
descent rather and completely implemented in Python, which (I think)
makes it easier to understand and extend.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andreas Löscher

Am Sonntag, den 02.05.2010, 21:54 +0200 schrieb Andreas Löscher:
Hi,
I am looking for an easy to use parser. I am want to get an overview
over parsing and want to try to get some information out of a C-Header
file. Which parser would you recommend?

Best,
Andreas
Thanks for your answers. I think I will have a look at ANTLR to do some
parsing.

Best,
Andreas