Passing hidden fields from .NET 1.1 to .asp

tesis

Hi all gurus,
I've a problem, since I've to pass parameters from my ASP.NET 1.1 app to
a server in (old) asp. They passed me an asp sample using about 8 hidden
named fields, posted upon pressing a button. How can I achieve same
results from inside my .NET 1.1 app?
I've searched many sites and nothing seems to help me. Thanks in advance
to anyone who will help me. Have a nice day!

Bob Barrows

tesis said:
Hi all gurus,
I've a problem, since I've to pass parameters from my ASP.NET 1.1 app
to a server in (old) asp. They passed me an asp sample using about 8
hidden named fields, posted upon pressing a button. How can I achieve
same results from inside my .NET 1.1 app?
I've searched many sites and nothing seems to help me. Thanks in
advance to anyone who will help me. Have a nice day!

I don't believe you can. The only ways to pass data between .Net and
classic asp are:

1. Add them to the querystring of the url used to call the classic asp
page
2. store them in a database and retrieve them via querying the database
in the classic asp page

Daniel Crichton

Bob wrote on Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:39:22 -0500:
I don't believe you can. The only ways to pass data between .Net and
classic asp are:
1. Add them to the querystring of the url used to call the classic asp
page
2. store them in a database and retrieve them via querying the database
in the classic asp page

Just to add to Bob's reply here, what you asked for in your post is
possible - all you need to do is create form with hidden fields in your
ASP.NET page and post to the ASP application, and in there read the values
of the Request.Form collection. However, I would suggest that you look into
Bob's second suggestion - this prevents tampering by the client between
generating the ASP.NET form and the subsequent POST to the ASP recieving
page.