Passing parameters from VB.Net to JScript function-reg

Thirumalai

Hai all,

I am developing a Vb.net application which uses the VSA scripting engine.The
scripting language is Jscript.

At a point I got struck.

In VB.net application I am having a form with 2 input textboxes and 1
command button.Say for example, I will enter 5 in textbox number 1 and 10 in
textbox number 2 and then when I click over the command button, my vb.net
function should pass 5 and 10 as arguments to the Jscript(scripting
language) function.

How can I do this.I mean how can I pass parameters from vb.net to jscript or
vbscript function?

Anyone please help me.

Thanks and Regards,
Thirumalai.

Scott M.

Is this an ASP.NET web application?

If so, in your VB.NET code add the following:

response.write("<INPUT TYPE='Hidden' ID='value1' VALUE='" & textbox1.text &
"'>")
response.write("<INPUT TYPE='Hidden' ID='value2' VALUE='" & textbox2.text &
"'>")

Then in your client-side code, you can add the JScript to retrieve the data
by the ID's of the hidden form fields.

Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi I was wondering if you found the answer to your problem because I am also trying to do this. I have a windows applicaition and a vbscript file and I want to pass to values from the windows application to a vbscript function and peform a mathematical operation on the values and then pass the answer back the windows application. I am trying to prove a concept so any information on this will be helpful towards my research. Thanks :captain: