passing values from a web page into windows form application

Bruno Alexandre

Hi guys,

How can I pass session/application values from a web page (ASP or
ASP.NET) that is on a host company, into my cliente application?

So I can hide menus based on access permisions once the user makes the
log in in the web page by the application.

I'm using VB.NET with Web Control COM

Thank you

Bruno Alexandre
(Sintra, PORTUGAL)

James Westgate

Hi Bruno,

You could post the values to a page from your site containing a vb6
component. The vb6 component would run in-process and with a reference to
the 'Microsoft Active Server Pages Object Library' you could then query the
session and application variables ASPTypeLibrary.Session and
ASPTypeLibrary.Application.
I have a sample program which isfreely available from a demonstration I did
on this a while back available at
http://www.crainiate.net/downloads/vb6wsdemo.zip

This component would then need to notify your application across process's,
there are a number of ways of doing this.

Your client would however need to run IIS, so this solution is limited to
windows2000 or windowsXP.

Kind regards,
James