pbr.jpg ... where's it hiding? :-)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Richard Lionheart, May 23, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    FXRuby.org's User's Guide example "Adding an icon" at
    http://www.fxruby.org/doc/ch02s05.html references the icon file pbr.jpg,
    but I can't find it on that site. I found icons referenced in earlier
    samples on Ruby 1.8 installation, but not this one.

    I searched Google and found some unrelated pbr.jpg that I could copy/save to
    my test directory, which allowed the sample to run fine.

    But there must be a better way, don't you think?

    Regards,
    Richard

    ---

    Richard Lionheart, May 23, 2004

  2. Sorry, I failed to notice the link in the sample ...Thanks, Hal, for the jpeg

    Hi All,

    The sample include the link to Ruby buttons,
    http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?PoweredByRubyButtons, which included an
    techie jpeg contributed by Hal Fulton, author of "The Ruby Way," which has
    been very helpful to my in coming up to speed on Ruby.

    Regards,
    Richard

    "Richard Lionheart" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > FXRuby.org's User's Guide example "Adding an icon" at
    > http://www.fxruby.org/doc/ch02s05.html references the icon file pbr.jpg,
    > but I can't find it on that site. I found icons referenced in earlier
    > samples on Ruby 1.8 installation, but not this one.
    >
    > I searched Google and found some unrelated pbr.jpg that I could copy/save

    > my test directory, which allowed the sample to run fine.
    >
    > But there must be a better way, don't you think?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Richard
    >

    > ---

    ---

    Richard Lionheart, May 23, 2004

  3. Richard Lionheart

    Hal Fulton Guest

    Re: Sorry, I failed to notice the link in the sample ...Thanks,Hal, for the jpeg

    Richard Lionheart wrote:

    > The sample include the link to Ruby buttons,
    > http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?PoweredByRubyButtons, which included an
    > techie jpeg contributed by Hal Fulton, author of "The Ruby Way," which has
    > been very helpful to my in coming up to speed on Ruby.

    I always hoped someone would take that idea and improve on it, but
    no one did.

    Fortunately I have other skills that exceed my artistic abilities, or
    I like to think so.

    I'm a decent programmer. And my grammer and speeling is both prety gudd.

    Hal

    Hal Fulton, May 23, 2004