    Thanks,

    Jay

    , Apr 26, 2007

  2. Flash Gordon Guest

    wrote, On 26/04/07 17:52:
    > I was wondering how i can program in pcl to shift my text 10mm to the
    > right and 6mm up. This would include all text. I print out a form
    > and everything is shifted down and to the right. was wondering if i
    > can use pcl programming to fix this. any help would be greatly
    > appreciated. also would like step by step instructions on how to do
    > this as i've never programmed in pcl.

    What makes you think this has anything to do with C (I'm reading this in
    comp.lang.c)? Please research groups more carefully before posting.
    Also, would everyone please restrict posts on this to whichever group it
    is appropriate in. I suspect it is not topical in any of the groups so
    I've not set followups.
    --
    Flash Gordon

    Flash Gordon, Apr 26, 2007

  3. Joe Wright Guest

    wrote:
    > I was wondering how i can program in pcl to shift my text 10mm to the
    > right and 6mm up. This would include all text. I print out a form
    > and everything is shifted down and to the right. was wondering if i
    > can use pcl programming to fix this. any help would be greatly
    > appreciated. also would like step by step instructions on how to do
    > this as i've never programmed in pcl.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jay

    Hewlett-Packard published a book several years ago:
    "HP PCL 5 Printer Language Technical Reference Manual"

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Apr 26, 2007
  4. ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:07:08 +0100, Flash Gordon wrote:

    >> I was wondering how i can program in pcl to shift my text 10mm to the
    >> right and 6mm up. This would include all text. I print out a form
    >> and everything is shifted down and to the right. was wondering if i
    >> can use pcl programming to fix this. any help would be greatly
    >> appreciated. also would like step by step instructions on how to do
    >> this as i've never programmed in pcl.

    > What makes you think this has anything to do with C (I'm reading this in
    > comp.lang.c)? Please research groups more carefully before posting.

    It was possibly a mistake, but on the other hand . . . many years
    ago I wrote a number of custom reports written specifically for
    several different early HP laserjets. Written entirely in C, all
    printing was done using PCL codes. :) This was back in the days
    when HP provided many complete manuals with their printers, and one
    of the most referenced ones consisted mostly of PCL documentation.

    ASAAR, Apr 27, 2007