pdb files

Steffen Loringer

Hi,

are pdb files necessary on a production server? And what for are the
..resx and .suo files?

Steffen

Mohamed Sharaf

Hi Steff,
Here's a small description to these files
pdb : (program database) this file is used by the debugger to map
lines in the IL to lines in your source code so it can stop exactly in the
right break point - We don't need it in production server
resx: (resource files) this file used to add your resources in it
(i.e. the text associated with labels when you develop multi language app.)
and it's compiled in the assembly -We don't need it in production server
suo:(solution user options) this files used by visual studio.NET
only to save your settings (i.e. what are the forms that you opened last
time before closing,etc....). Sure we don't need it also ;)

I hope I was helpful :)