PDB files

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Those are debug files. They hold debugging information and therefore
generally should not be deployed for a release application.

Smithers

generally should not be deployed for a release application<<
I have a central error logging routine called from various middle tier and
code-behind methods. It writes out various details of runtime errors -
including the stack trace (so I can get the exact line of code that choked).
In order to get the stack trace, I need the PDB file to be deployed. Would
you consider my scenario to be an exception to your comment? I'm relatively
new to .NET and want to be sure that I'm not exposing my app unnecessarily.
Thanks for your prespective on this.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Without the PDB file you probably won't be able to get the specific line
number, but you can still get more general error information.