PDF/HTML Output Class

Randy Yates

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of a C++ class library that provides the ability to
write reports that target both PDF and HTML output from the same "source"?
E.g., something that you can << to with lots of custom properties like
typeface style, color, size, etc.?
--
% Randy Yates % "She's sweet on Wagner-I think she'd die for Beethoven.
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % She love the way Puccini lays down a tune, and

Randy Yates

Ralf Koenig said:
Which one do you mean? There are at least three of them already.

And in what way does it help to produce HTML output?

If you are just looking for libraries to generate PDF, here is a link
collection for various languages:

https://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz...AndLibraries#Free_PDF_libraries_for_developer

Ralf

Thanks Ralf - that's useful.
--
% Randy Yates % "Bird, on the wing,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % goes floating by

Thomas Lotze

What a mess. (Not the page, but the zoo of projects it describes.)

However, there doesn't seem to exist any library which is all of the
following:

- open source without being artificially limited in functionality
- actively maintained
- in a reasonably stable and functionally complete state
- up-to-date wrt the current PDF version
- systematically implementing the specification without trying to be a
report generator, typesetter or whatever else belongs in the application
using the library
- able to read and write PDF files to or from a data structure which
implements the PDF document model as implied by the spec
- written in a language that makes binding the API to a lot of languages
easy, such as C (preferred) or C++
- written with portability in mind

So, I'm basically looking for a reference implementation of the standard.

Did I miss anything? Are there other libs that are not to be found on the
above page? (E.g., there is a libpdf by Mark Weaver which is, however,
only able to read PDF files and apparently has been sleeping for more than
a year.)