Performance Testing

Fresno Bob

I would like a simple way of testing different approaches within my
applications to see which is most efficient way of doing things. I have had
a look at the SQL Profiler but would like a way of looking at my code to
compare e.g. untyped vs typed datasets. Can anyone point at something to
test on top of SQL Profiler and some general rules of thumb. Preferabley
free :)

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

Turn on tracing in the application, you will get to see the time it takes
per method call. You can drill into those methods for suspicious times.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Download OWC Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $15.00
Need a free copy of VSTS 2008 w/ MSDN Premium?
http://msmvps.com/blogs/alvin/Default.aspx