    compare e.g. untyped vs typed datasets. Can anyone point at something to
    test on top of SQL Profiler and some general rules of thumb. Preferabley
    free :)
    Fresno Bob, Aug 10, 2008

  2. Turn on tracing in the application, you will get to see the time it takes
    per method call. You can drill into those methods for suspicious times.

    --

    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Download OWC Black Book, 2nd Edition
    Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $15.00
    Need a free copy of VSTS 2008 w/ MSDN Premium?
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/alvin/Default.aspx

    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP], Aug 10, 2008

  3. If you're serious about your profiling needs then you might want to use a
    3rd party tool like Ants.
    Here's more info:
    http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/Ants.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Aug 13, 2008