    I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
    anywhere I want.

    Thanks.

    Slickuser, Aug 15, 2008

  2. Slickuser

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth Slickuser <>:
    > Have any one familiar with Perl Dev Kit?
    >
    > I want to compile my game.pl script to executable.
    > So I can run this command "game" anywhere on command windows. Maybe
    > set some environment variable?
    >
    > Any help>
    >
    > Currently, I have to run where game where it is located with such as
    > in the C drive otherwise I get this error.

    You have converted your perl script into a Windows .exe, so you now have
    a file c:\game.exe?

    > C:\>game
    > 'game' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
    > program or batch file.

    Learn how to use your OS. You need to put it in a directory that is
    named in the %PATH% environment variable; if you like, you can add a new
    directory to %PATH% and put it there.

    I believe you can also create a 'game.exe' key somewhere appropriate in
    the registry with the full path, but I don't really know.

    > I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
    > anywhere I want.

    C:\Windows is typically in %PATH% already.

    Ben

    on the strictest morality. [Samuel Butler, paraphrased]

    Ben Morrow, Aug 15, 2008

  3. Slickuser <> wrote:
    >Currently, I have to run where game where it is located with such as
    >in the C drive otherwise I get this error.
    >C:\>game
    >'game' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
    >program or batch file.

    Then why don't you add the location of your script to the search path?

    >I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
    >anywhere I want.

    What a concept!
    May I suggest to learn how to use the operating system you are using?

    jue

    PS: nothing of this has anything to do with Perl but would happen with
    any other program just the same way.

    Jürgen Exner, Aug 15, 2008
  4. Slickuser

    John Bokma Guest

    Slickuser <> wrote:

    > I can hack it and manually put it in C:\Windows then I can use game
    > anywhere I want.

    A slick user should IMNSHO know that working as Administrator is not a
    smart thing to do.

    You can set your PATH variable to the directory where game.exe is stored.

    --
    John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico

    Perl help in exchange for a gift:
    http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-a-gift.html