Perl scripts for Unix on my windows machine

Michael P. Broida

Eric said:
Specifically, the Windows file system has no problem at all with forward
slashes, but the Windows shell does. So you can't use them when typing at
the command line or when invoking external programs from Perl (or any other
language) code.

Excellent clarification. Thanks! :)

Michael P. Broida

Tad said:
I just do:

gopod
ls

where I have an alias like this defined:

gopod='cd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/pod'

Well, I didn't specify it before, but I'm on a Windows
system here and don't have any Unix boxes around. :)
I'll have to stick with "perldoc".
For just the list:

perldoc perl

For more detail on what's covered in each:

perldoc perltoc

Thanks! That will help a ton! :)

Eric Bohlman

Well, I didn't specify it before, but I'm on a Windows
system here and don't have any Unix boxes around. :)
I'll have to stick with "perldoc".

You can use a batch file to achieve the same effect. Slightly more work to
create, but just as easy to use afterwards.