PHPBB problem

Paul Watt

Hi,
I installed phpbb on my website and all was well. All I did was "wrap" the
php on the index.php in my html to match the rest of my site. now I get a
load of unsightly error messages. why is this and what can I do about it?
the URL is www.depressionlink.co.uk/forum/

cheers in advance

Paul

Allis

Paul Watt said:
Hi,
I installed phpbb on my website and all was well. All I did was "wrap" the
php on the index.php in my html to match the rest of my site. now I get a
load of unsightly error messages. why is this and what can I do about it?
the URL is www.depressionlink.co.uk/forum/

cheers in advance

Paul

PHPbb is going to write the page headers when it loads.
You're already loading them with your HTML.

Get it? ;)

If you must, maybe insert the Forum into your own index with the iFrame?
<IFRAME SRC="your-forum-path-goes-here"> </IFRAME>

Mo In Fo
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/special/iframe.html

Usually, I find that if I read the error messages, it tells me what the
error is ;)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 206

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 207

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/depressi/public_html/forum/index.php:9) in
/home/depressi/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 478

Allis

Jerry Stuckle

Paul said:
Hi,
I installed phpbb on my website and all was well. All I did was "wrap" the
php on the index.php in my html to match the rest of my site. now I get a
load of unsightly error messages. why is this and what can I do about it?
the URL is www.depressionlink.co.uk/forum/

cheers in advance

Paul

Paul,

Look at the forums on the phpbbs website.

There are "right" ways and "wrong" ways to make it match the rest of
your site. Adding your own headers is a "wrong" way.

Rather, you need to modify the templates.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address