PING: Tina - Affordable Host

EightNineThree

Hywel Jenkins said:
Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

Good god. First AWW, now here with the people slamming AH...
Someone needs to start an alt.helpdesk.affordablehost.no.such.thing

Hywel Jenkins

Good god. First AWW, now here with the people slamming AH...
Someone needs to start an alt.helpdesk.affordablehost.no.such.thing

I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to
email. It wasn't long ago that one of my clients was without their
ecommerce site for a week while AH consistently ignored my help desk
tickets because their domain registrar screwed things up.

I appreciate that this isn't the place to be discussing this, but it
really was my last hope. The fact that AH "promises to provide you with
excellent services and support" makes me laugh these days. They used to
be good, but now - bloody awful.

EightNineThree

I appreciate that this isn't the place to be discussing this, but it
really was my last hope. The fact that AH "promises to provide you with
excellent services and support" makes me laugh these days. They used to
be good, but now - bloody awful.

As much as I'd like to say that it really isn't the place to discuss it,
such posts probably are very helpful to the wise consumer who does their
homework.
I've never had any experience with AH, but have witnessed scores of threads
about their dreadful service.

Richard

Hywel Jenkins said:
I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to
email. It wasn't long ago that one of my clients was without their
ecommerce site for a week while AH consistently ignored my help desk
tickets because their domain registrar screwed things up.

I appreciate that this isn't the place to be discussing this, but it
really was my last hope. The fact that AH "promises to provide you with
excellent services and support" makes me laugh these days. They used to
be good, but now - bloody awful.

cheap hosting = cheap support

Daniel Vesma

Howdie Hywel! You can Tina still hangin in here? I've not been on this
things for years (well, sinse I closed The Web Tree). How's tricks?

Daniel Vesma

Jacqui or (maybe) Pete

I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to

Your main business site should probably not depend on something that
costs US$45 a year. How much support would you give for that much?

OK - you give quite a lot here for free, but that's not the point!

William Tasso

Wipkip said:

No, No, No, a thousand times - No

begone, foul creature of the night

Thought: never utter the name of the Dark One lest he should appear, and
remember: be careful what you wish for.

Matthias Gutfeldt

Jacqui said:
Your main business site should probably not depend on something that
costs US$45 a year. How much support would you give for that much?

I pay $110 for the host of my _private_ site, and I don't regret a penny
of it.

Matthias

Jerry Muelver

Richard said:
cheap hosting = cheap support

Cheap shots = poor aim

Hywel may have a legitimate gripe, but I doubt anonymous "Richard"
does. I'm surprised Hywel is having trouble communicating with Tina. I
have found her to be very helpful and quite responsive. She once fired
a tech support person for being rude to me, then she apologized and
put someone on my problem who fixed it immediately and followed up in
a very professional manner.

Anyone making universal, blanket claims on service response for any
organization should first conduct universal, blanket research. We're
geeks, not politicians.

---- jerry

Hywel Jenkins

Your main business site should probably not depend on something that
costs US$45 a year. How much support would you give for that much?

OK - you give quite a lot here for free, but that's not the point!

That's a fair point, and one that I've considered. It's there for now
while I wait for it to expire, though when I get chance this weekend it
will be moving.

I've been with AH for a few years now, and in the old days there were no
problems, but lately, it's been terrible. The claims on their homepage
about reliability and customer commitment are sheer guff.

Hywel Jenkins

saz1958 said:
Anyone who has been in this group(or alt.webmaster) knows you may as well
leave AH now, it only gets worse.

Bugger. That's the second time you and I have agreed.

Art Sackett

Hywel Jenkins said:
Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble, Hywel.

Back in June of 2000 I resorted to viciously baiting Mrs. Peters to
elicit a response from her -- it's easier and more profitable to just
move on, cutting one's losses and learning one's lessons.

That outfit from which Mrs. Peters' company first obtained colocation
isn't a good choice, either. Those folks are even worse.

I wish you the best of luck in finding new digs.