PING: Tina - Affordable Host

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Hywel Jenkins, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Hywel Jenkins, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Hywel Jenkins

    picayunish Guest

    picayunish, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    In article <zRHMa.14866$KF1.301038@amstwist00>,
    says...
    > When Hywel Jenkins was making a web page, a :-? appears and wrote:
    > > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

    > Why don't you go to the neighbour alt.html.critique.

    Good call. I couldn't remember which was the AH tech. support group!

    --
    Hywel Never knowingly understood
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

    Good god. First AWW, now here with the people slamming AH...
    Someone needs to start an alt.helpdesk.affordablehost.no.such.thing

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.
    EightNineThree, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    In article <bdvm4a$jr5$>,
    says...

    > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?
    > >

    > Good god. First AWW, now here with the people slamming AH...
    > Someone needs to start an alt.helpdesk.affordablehost.no.such.thing

    I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
    They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
    site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to
    email. It wasn't long ago that one of my clients was without their
    ecommerce site for a week while AH consistently ignored my help desk
    tickets because their domain registrar screwed things up.

    I appreciate that this isn't the place to be discussing this, but it
    really was my last hope. The fact that AH "promises to provide you with
    excellent services and support" makes me laugh these days. They used to
    be good, but now - bloody awful.

    --
    Hywel Never knowingly understood
    http://crapcompany.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 2, 2003
  6. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    > I appreciate that this isn't the place to be discussing this, but it
    > really was my last hope. The fact that AH "promises to provide you with
    > excellent services and support" makes me laugh these days. They used to
    > be good, but now - bloody awful.

    As much as I'd like to say that it really isn't the place to discuss it,
    such posts probably are very helpful to the wise consumer who does their
    homework.
    I've never had any experience with AH, but have witnessed scores of threads
    about their dreadful service.

    --
    Karl Core
    EightNineThree, Jul 3, 2003
  7. Hywel Jenkins

    Richard Guest

    > In article <bdvm4a$jr5$>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?
    > > >

    > > Good god. First AWW, now here with the people slamming AH...
    > > Someone needs to start an alt.helpdesk.affordablehost.no.such.thing

    > I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
    > They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
    > site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to
    > email. It wasn't long ago that one of my clients was without their
    > ecommerce site for a week while AH consistently ignored my help desk
    > tickets because their domain registrar screwed things up.
    >
    > I appreciate that this isn't the place to be discussing this, but it
    > really was my last hope. The fact that AH "promises to provide you with
    > excellent services and support" makes me laugh these days. They used to
    > be good, but now - bloody awful.

    cheap hosting = cheap support
    Richard, Jul 3, 2003
  8. Hywel Jenkins

    Wipkip Guest

    Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > In article <zRHMa.14866$KF1.301038@amstwist00>,
    > says...
    >> When Hywel Jenkins was making a web page, a :-? appears and wrote:
    >>> Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

    >> Why don't you go to the neighbour alt.html.critique.
    >>

    > Good call. I couldn't remember which was the AH tech. support group!

    AWW :O)

    --
    Duende
    ------------
    Wipkip, Jul 3, 2003
  9. Hywel Jenkins

    Daniel Vesma Guest

    Howdie Hywel! You can Tina still hangin in here? I've not been on this
    things for years (well, sinse I closed The Web Tree). How's tricks?

    Daniel Vesma
    Daniel Vesma, Jul 3, 2003
  10. Hywel Jenkins

    TechnoHippie Guest

    Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    In article <U8NMa.302$>,
    says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > > In article <zRHMa.14866$KF1.301038@amstwist00>,
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> Why don't you go to the neighbour alt.html.critique.
    > >>

    > > Good call. I couldn't remember which was the AH tech. support group!

    > AWW :eek:)

    You are a very, very bad boy :->

    She's been AWOL for awhile, both here AND there.

    Judy
    TechnoHippie, Jul 3, 2003
  11. Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

    This is not a helpdesk, it's a newsgroup.

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 3, 2003
  12. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <bdvm4a$jr5$>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > > > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

    > I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
    > They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
    > site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to

    Your main business site should probably not depend on something that
    costs US$45 a year. How much support would you give for that much?

    OK - you give quite a lot here for free, but that's not the point!
    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jul 3, 2003
  13. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    Wipkip wrote:
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >> In article <zRHMa.14866$KF1.301038@amstwist00>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> Why don't you go to the neighbour alt.html.critique.
    >>>

    >> Good call. I couldn't remember which was the AH tech. support group!

    > AWW :O)

    No, No, No, a thousand times - No

    begone, foul creature of the night

    Thought: never utter the name of the Dark One lest he should appear, and
    remember: be careful what you wish for.

    --
    William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Jul 3, 2003
  14. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>In article <bdvm4a$jr5$>,
    >> says...
    >>
    >>>"Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message

    >>I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
    >>They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
    >>site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to

    > Your main business site should probably not depend on something that
    > costs US$45 a year. How much support would you give for that much?

    I pay $110 for the host of my _private_ site, and I don't regret a penny
    of it.

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 3, 2003
  15. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message news:<>...

    > cheap hosting = cheap support

    Cheap shots = poor aim

    Hywel may have a legitimate gripe, but I doubt anonymous "Richard"
    does. I'm surprised Hywel is having trouble communicating with Tina. I
    have found her to be very helpful and quite responsive. She once fired
    a tech support person for being rude to me, then she apologized and
    put someone on my problem who fixed it immediately and followed up in
    a very professional manner.

    Anyone making universal, blanket claims on service response for any
    organization should first conduct universal, blanket research. We're
    geeks, not politicians.

    ---- jerry
    Jerry Muelver, Jul 3, 2003
  16. Hywel Jenkins

    SAZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

    Anyone who has been in this group(or alt.webmaster) knows you may as well
    leave AH now, it only gets worse.
    SAZ, Jul 3, 2003
  17. Re: Tina - Affordable Host

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > In article <bdvm4a$jr5$>,
    > > says...
    > > >
    > > > "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm sorry. I'd like to second your application for a new newsgroup.
    > > They're tech support is, frankly, shit. So far today my main business
    > > site has been down for at least 10 hours - that includes access to

    > Your main business site should probably not depend on something that
    > costs US$45 a year. How much support would you give for that much?
    >
    > OK - you give quite a lot here for free, but that's not the point!

    That's a fair point, and one that I've considered. It's there for now
    while I wait for it to expire, though when I get chance this weekend it
    will be moving.

    I've been with AH for a few years now, and in the old days there were no
    problems, but lately, it's been terrible. The claims on their homepage
    about reliability and customer commitment are sheer guff.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 3, 2003
  18. In article <>, saz1958
    @nospammersexcite.com says...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?
    > >

    > Anyone who has been in this group(or alt.webmaster) knows you may as well
    > leave AH now, it only gets worse.

    Bugger. That's the second time you and I have agreed.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 3, 2003
  19. Hywel Jenkins

    SAZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>, saz1958
    > @nospammersexcite.com says...
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?
    > > >

    > > Anyone who has been in this group(or alt.webmaster) knows you may as well
    > > leave AH now, it only gets worse.

    > Bugger. That's the second time you and I have agreed.

    Let's be more careful and make sure it never happens again...
    SAZ, Jul 3, 2003
  20. Hywel Jenkins

    Art Sackett Guest

    Hywel Jenkins <> wrote:
    > Is anyone on the end of your helpdesk?

    I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble, Hywel.

    Back in June of 2000 I resorted to viciously baiting Mrs. Peters to
    elicit a response from her -- it's easier and more profitable to just
    move on, cutting one's losses and learning one's lessons.

    That outfit from which Mrs. Peters' company first obtained colocation
    isn't a good choice, either. Those folks are even worse.

    I wish you the best of luck in finding new digs.

    --
    Art Sackett,
    Patron Saint of Drunken Fornication
    Art Sackett, Jul 3, 2003