'Place code in separate file' option not available in web application project.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lee, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. Lee

    Lee Guest

    Hi,

    I've converted my VS2003 project to a VS2005 web application project.
    The reason is to support AJAX. I want to create a new form and am
    following a microsoft tutorial. The problem is that the tutorial
    states to check the ''Place code in separate file' checkbox when
    creating the new form. This is not available for my project.

    If I create a brand new project (I guess therefore it is then a
    website project) then the option is available when adding a new web
    form.

    Can anyone let me know if there is a way around this and/or the impact
    of not having this checked when creating an AJAX web form.

    Thanks
    Lee

    Lee, Mar 20, 2007

  2. On Mar 20, 10:09 am, "Lee" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've converted my VS2003 project to a VS2005 web application project.
    > The reason is to support AJAX. I want to create a new form and am
    > following a microsoft tutorial. The problem is that the tutorial
    > states to check the ''Place code in separate file' checkbox when
    > creating the new form. This is not available for my project.
    >
    > If I create a brand new project (I guess therefore it is then a
    > website project) then the option is available when adding a new web
    > form.
    >
    > Can anyone let me know if there is a way around this and/or the impact
    > of not having this checked when creating an AJAX web form.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Lee

    Yes, this is because of the type of the project. The ASP.NET Web
    Application has no that option. In VS.NET 2005, a Web Form uses a code-
    behind by default. If you don't need a code in the separated file,
    simply remove it. When you've created a new form, it shown in the
    Source View, where you can modify the attributes of the form and the
    controls contained within it. To switch to Design View, click on the
    Design button at the bottom. To view the code-behind of the form (the
    code in separate file), double-click on the form and the code-behind
    will appear.

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 20, 2007