    played directly. Following is the web page:

    http://www.pinyinology.com/zhongwen/frame_a.html

    Sorry for the foreign pronunciations.
    fuli open, Mar 25, 2007

  2. fuli open

    JH Guest

    On Mar 25, 2:12 am, "fuli open" <> wrote:
    > I am writing an online English-Chinese dictionary, and there are sound
    > files for the Chinese words. When the sound file is played on the IE
    > browser, a Windows Media Player always comes up, covering the whole
    > screen. I wonder whether it is possible that the sound is played
    > without the appearance of the the Windows Media Player on the screen.
    > So the visitor can look at the words while listenig to the sound.
    >
    > When opened with the Firefox browser, I am always asked that whether I
    > want to play the sound with the Windows Media Player. I have to
    > confirm to have the sound to be played. And the Windows Media Player
    > will also cover the whole screen. I wonder whether the sound can be
    > played directly. Following is the web page:
    >
    > http://www.pinyinology.com/zhongwen/frame_a.html
    >
    > Sorry for the foreign pronunciations.

    http://www.javascripter.net/faq/sound/play.htm

    The above link may help you. It relies on Javascript. There is one
    example where you click on a button to start and another to stop.
    JH, Mar 25, 2007

  3. fuli open

    fuli open Guest

    On Mar 25, 12:58 pm, "JH" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 25, 2:12 am, "fuli open" <> wrote:
    >

    > > I am writing an online English-Chinese dictionary, and there are sound
    > > files for the Chinese words. When the sound file is played on the IE
    > > browser, a Windows Media Player always comes up, covering the whole
    > > screen. I wonder whether it is possible that the sound is played
    > > without the appearance of the the Windows Media Player on the screen.
    > > So the visitor can look at the words while listenig to the sound.

    > > When opened with the Firefox browser, I am always asked that whether I
    > > want to play the sound with the Windows Media Player. I have to
    > > confirm to have the sound to be played. And the Windows Media Player
    > > will also cover the whole screen. I wonder whether the sound can be
    > > played directly. Following is the web page:

    > >http://www.pinyinology.com/zhongwen/frame_a.html

    > > Sorry for the foreign pronunciations.

    > http://www.javascripter.net/faq/sound/play.htm
    >
    > The above link may help you. It relies on Javascript. There is one
    > example where you click on a button to start and another to stop.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for the information.

    fuli
    fuli open, Mar 25, 2007
  4. fuli open

    Bergamot Guest

    fuli open wrote:

    > When opened with the Firefox browser, I am always asked that whether I
    > want to play the sound with the Windows Media Player.

    This may be due to a MIME type (mis)configuration. The confirmation
    dialog in Seamonkey says the .wma

    "is likely to be of type audio/x-ms-wma (Windows Media Audio file)"

    Note the "likely".

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Mar 25, 2007
  5. Bergamot wrote:

    > fuli open wrote:
    > >
    > > When opened with the Firefox browser, I am always asked that
    > > whether I want to play the sound with the Windows Media Player.

    > This may be due to a MIME type (mis)configuration. The confirmation
    > dialog in Seamonkey says the .wma
    >
    > "is likely to be of type audio/x-ms-wma (Windows Media Audio file)"
    >
    > Note the "likely".

    Since you mentioned it, I thought I'd check the MIME type closer. They
    are actually sent (and probably also downloaded) as "text/plain", which
    could also cause a problem.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Mar 26, 2007