sound file again

fulio pen

Hello,

Please open the following page and click the speaker icon in it:

http://www.pinyinology.com/gr/test_sound.html

You will hear a sound in Chinese language for the word 'Albania'. The
code for this sound is from the following page. After opening it,
please move far down until seeing the 'Table V'. Listed in it are
several sound files. Clicking them. NONE are working. No sound comes
out at all.

http://www.pinyinology.com/gr/gr2.html

I am not able to find out what problem these sound files have. Code
for all of them is exactly same as the one in first page above.

Thanks again for your help.

fulio pen

1

123Jim

Hello,

Please open the following page and click the speaker icon in it:

http://www.pinyinology.com/gr/test_sound.html

You will hear a sound in Chinese language for the word 'Albania'. The
code for this sound is from the following page. After opening it,
please move far down until seeing the 'Table V'. Listed in it are
several sound files. Clicking them. NONE are working. No sound comes
out at all.

http://www.pinyinology.com/gr/gr2.html

I am not able to find out what problem these sound files have. Code
for all of them is exactly same as the one in first page above.

Thanks again for your help.

style="position:relative; left:10px;">

... in theory you can bring the table to the front with:
z-index: 1000;
or similar.

fulio pen

On 12/08/2011 15:17, fulio pen wrote:
style="position:relative; left:10px;">

.. in theory you can bring the table to the front with:
z-index: 1000;
or similar.

Thanks for help. Where is the z-index supposed to go? I place it at
the end of the following line, but it doesn't work.

#table_v {width:auto; height:auto; border-collapse:collapse; z-index:
1000;}

Please help again.

fulio pen

1

123Jim

Thanks for help. Where is the z-index supposed to go? I place it at
the end of the following line, but it doesn't work.

#table_v {width:auto; height:auto; border-collapse:collapse; z-index:
1000;}

Please help again.

This is why I said 'in theory' I didn't get it to work on your page ...
However instead of trying to bring the table to the front, send the Div
containing the paragraph to the back like this:

1

123Jim

This is why I said 'in theory' I didn't get it to work on your page ...
However instead of trying to bring the table to the front, send the Div
containing the paragraph to the back like this:

If you don't wish to use z-index, you can move your table into the div
containing the <p>s . That will also make the links in your table
available for clicking.

Gus Richter

Hello,

Please open the following page and click the speaker icon in it:

http://www.pinyinology.com/gr/test_sound.html

You will hear a sound in Chinese language for the word 'Albania'. The
code for this sound is from the following page. After opening it,
please move far down until seeing the 'Table V'. Listed in it are
several sound files. Clicking them. NONE are working. No sound comes
out at all.

http://www.pinyinology.com/gr/gr2.html

I am not able to find out what problem these sound files have. Code
for all of them is exactly same as the one in first page above.

Thanks again for your help.

Specifically for your specific problem outlined.

1.
Congratulations in choosing the HTML5 doctype, however, you loose points
in using old "align="left" (deprecated/obsolete) for your TABLE. Use
"float:left;" instead.

2.
For your desire to space the text away from the TABLE, you chose to
encompass the subsequent text in a DIV and to offset it with
"left:10px;" which of course you enabled with "position:relative;". This
Div and Attribute is the wrong approach and is not needed with 1. above.

So, do the following:
1.
Remove the DIV (with its closing tag) encompassing the text following
the TABLE, completely.
2.
Change <table id="table_v" align="left">
to <table id="table_v" style="float:left;margin-right:10px;">

where margin-right:10px; achieves your desire to space the text away by
that amount from the TABLE. Better yet, instead of the style attribute,
use the properties in your stylesheet.