Please advise: ASP.Net and HTTPS

Paul

Hi,

I am beginning a new asp.net application that is to be hosted on a
https server. Are there any unique design issues I should be aware of
before I begin, i.e. those that are different than if hosting on a
normal http server. I've developed apps before that use forms
authentication, roles etc. and was wondering if I can use the same
approach.

Thanks,

Paul

Wes Henderson

If you were planning on doing multiple sites, be warned: there are no SSL
host headers. Also, be sure to have a server certificate that: 1- is
trusted by your target users and 2 - has the exact domain name (ie. be aware
that https://www.site.com and https://site.com would need separate
certificates, assuming you don't want the browser to complain that the name
on the security certificate is invalid). As far as application
considerations, I've never had a problem doing asp.net over HTTPS (just as
if it were HTTP)... hopefully you get the same experience.

--
Regards,
Wes Henderson

In order to help everyone, please direct all replies to this newsgroup.
This posting is my personal effort to provide help and is not on behalf of
any company.
Also, this posting is provided "AS IS" with no expressed or implied
warranties.