PLEASE HELP - How do get started with JPDA

cpptutor2000

Could some Java guru please help me? I was wondering if there is any
good documentation available anywhere to get me started with JPDA - the
Java Platform Debugging Architecture? I have never used this library
and it would be helpful to know how to get started on it properly.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Roedy Green

Could some Java guru please help me? I was wondering if there is any
good documentation available anywhere to get me started with JPDA - the
Java Platform Debugging Architecture? I have never used this library
and it would be helpful to know how to get started on it properly.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sun has a nice overview page at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jpda/index.html
It is also included in the JDK.

I would read all that first including the examples, then google for
new terms it introduces. What you mostly want to find are people who
have used JPDA to do something so you can look at their code to get
the overall way you proceed.