Pls excuse if you consider this off-topic. Conceptual artists seek programmers here.

M_Mann

Hello,

Pls excuse if you consider this off-topic. Conceptual artists seek
programmers here.

We are authors of "Exhibition of Living Managers" (MANAGEX,
www.managex.info) which is is global conceptual art project, performed
in world's leading contemporary art centres. Art objects at MANAGEX are
real employed managers, who volunteer to exhibit themselves in a
gallery setting. Our new project is "Exhibition of Living Programmers"
(PROGRAMEX), which is similar to MANAGEX but focusing on professional
programmers.

Managex' official website is www.managex.info. We have also just opened
a Google Group here on Managex project:
http://groups.google.com/group/Exhibition-of-Living-Managers-MANAGEX,
where you are welcome to register and participate. Once we have
substantial number of interested programmers, we will open a dedicated
group on Programex.

Hope to hear from you and see you at Programex. Again, sorry if this
posting disturbed anybody.

Best,

MANAGEX / PROGRAMEX team www.managex.info

mensanator

Hello,

[...]

Wally: Those suspenders...that scruffy beard...
the smug expression...you're one of those
condescending Unix programmers!

Bearded Road Apple: Here's a nickel, kid.
Get yourself a better computer.

jacob navia

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Hello,

[...]

In the web site we find
< quoting >
Exhibition of living managers (MANAGEX) is an art project which started
in Moscow at National Centre for Contemporary Arts. Real, employed
managers became art objects of this event – those who wished to get away
from office routine for two days and take part in this exhibition, which
somewhat resembles the television reality-shows. In contrast to
reality-shows, there are no strict requirements for the participants:
they only must be employed full-time as managers of any level, have some
interest for the contemporary art, and have patience needed to serve as
an exhibit for several hours. The organizers make the participants’
life as easy as possible. Everyone is comfortably seated, and is
completely free to talk to visitors or be silent. Next to each
participant there is a nameplate with information, just like at any
gallery exhibition. Participants are free to provide either true or
fabricated information (such as name, employer, position, salary, etc.),
or to provide no info at all and leave the nameplate blank, if they
prefer so.
< / not quoting >

Then we seea lady (probably a visitor of the exposition)
staring at a manager (tie and business suit included)
sitting in a chair looking bored.

Art was, in some other time, in some other universe, a way for
the artist to make us see differently, to show us a different
side of reality.

Today, artists take it easy, and instead of doing their job, they
ask US to do theirs.

Instead of creating new objects, new sounds, new colours and views, they
limit themselves to the much easier task of not doing anything,
something similar to a museum director.

Keith Thompson

Hello,

Pls excuse if you consider this off-topic. Conceptual artists seek
programmers here. [snip]
Hope to hear from you and see you at [deleted]. Again, sorry if this
posting disturbed anybody.

Yes, this is completely off-topic. This newsgroup, as I'm sure you
know, discusses the C progamming language.

Since you chose to post here anyway, I find it difficult to take your
apology seriously.

M_Mann

Al said:
Thanks for volunteering to speak for us all. Are you a representative
of the spammer?

I see my posting was not welcome here, despite I explained and even
apologized even in its subject line. I tried to delete my message to
avoid further bothering. Anyway, we won't post anything here. Sorry
again to those who were offended.

PS. If anyone suggests a better way how artists can reach out to
programmers with their message, I'd be thankful. Kindly email us via
website.

Neil

I see my posting was not welcome here, despite I explained and even
apologized even in its subject line. I tried to delete my message to
avoid further bothering. Anyway, we won't post anything here. Sorry
again to those who were offended.

PS. If anyone suggests a better way how artists can reach out to
programmers with their message, I'd be thankful. Kindly email us via
website.

A tough call. Were do programmers hang out? Deleting Usenet messages
rarely works. Is your message true SPAM? Hard to tell. Sending you to
another group may also be unwelcome.

Clever Monkey

I see my posting was not welcome here, despite I explained and even
apologized even in its subject line. I tried to delete my message to
avoid further bothering. Anyway, we won't post anything here. Sorry
again to those who were offended.

PS. If anyone suggests a better way how artists can reach out to
programmers with their message, I'd be thankful. Kindly email us via
website.
[Follow-ups set to blackhole. Reply sent to OP.]

Get a website explaining what you are up to. Make it easy to navigate
and clear of intent. Submit link to digg.com, Slashdot, metafilter and
any other of the usual suspects. If you are legit or not you will get
more dialogue than you will know what to do with.