Pod::Html links to Modules

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Tookelso, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Tookelso

    Tookelso Guest

    Hello,

    I'm currently using Pod::Html, and the pod2html function for creating
    HTML documents out of my Perl scripts.

    However, some Modules will correctly link, and others won't.

    L<File::Find> -- This works, because there's a /perl/lib/File/Find.html

    L<Getopt::Long> -- This doesn't work, because there's no
    /perl/lib/Getopt/Long.html

    I found a bunch of .html files in my /perl/html/lib directory, and
    would like pod2html to use those.

    I tried to add /perl/html/lib directory to my --podpath setting, but
    get this error:

    "Cannot open /perl/html/lib/Pod/perlfunc.pod for input: No such file"

    Here's my complete pod2html command:

    pod2html("/mydir/myscript.pl",
    "--header",
    "--htmlroot=file://d:/",
    "--podroot=/perl",
    "--podpath=/perl/site/lib:/perl/lib:/perl/html/lib",
    "--libpods=perlfunc:perlguts:perlvar:perlrun:perlop",
    "--infile="/mydir/myscript.pl",
    "--outfile=$dest_dir/$basename\.html");

    Or do I just have to copy the .html files to the respective
    /perl/lib/<mod> directories? If so, then why have a --podpath setting?

    Thanks in advance,

    --Took

    Tookelso, Oct 27, 2005