pop up windows on user command

Paul Moffitt

We have an app in which we want to enable our users to open numerous
documents in new browser windows.

I got the new window open thing down but each time I open a new document it
opens it in the same popup window. I want to be able to select new documents
and open those selected documents one at a time in a new browser window as
the custormer selects a new document to open.

So how do I do that?

rf

Paul Moffitt said:
We have an app in which we want to enable our users to open numerous
documents in new browser windows.

I got the new window open thing down but each time I open a new document it
opens it in the same popup window. I want to be able to select new documents
and open those selected documents one at a time in a new browser window as
the custormer selects a new document to open.

So how do I do that?

target="_blank"

Cheers
Richard.

Paul Moffitt

how would I place target="_blank" in this script? I am triggering it
from an onclick event on an input button not a link

function openTxt() {
var subWindow

subWindow = window.open("help/fieldData.asp?txtData=" + ctrValue,
"sub", "toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable
=1, width=650, height=340, left=52px, top=100px")

if(!subWindow.opener) {
subWindow.opener = window
}
subWindow.focus()

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

how would I place target="_blank" in this script? I am triggering it
from an onclick event on an input button not a link

Change "sub" to "_blank".
subWindow = window.open("help/fieldData.asp?txtData=" + ctrValue,
"sub", "toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable
=1, width=650, height=340, left=52px, top=100px")

You should not have spaces in the window configuration string. It makes
some browsers fail to open the window.

/L