port 8080 is used by java.exe

albert kao

After my Windows Vista computer is rebooted, the port 8080 is used by
the process java.exe.
This port conflict will stop tomcat from being started inside eclipse.
How to fix this problem so that after reboot, the port 8080 is not
used by any process?
I look at the Config panel and do not see any Tomcat or Catalina
configured as an automatic service.

Lothar Kimmeringer

albert said:
I look at the Config panel and do not see any Tomcat or Catalina
configured as an automatic service.

Install Process Explorer from Sysinternals and check out the
values of the "Image"-Tab showing the command line arguments
of the process and the working directory. This should give to
the information what program is running there.

Regards, Lothar
--
Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail: (e-mail address removed)

questions!

Arne Vajhøj

After my Windows Vista computer is rebooted, the port 8080 is used by
the process java.exe.
This port conflict will stop tomcat from being started inside eclipse.
How to fix this problem so that after reboot, the port 8080 is not
used by any process?
I look at the Config panel and do not see any Tomcat or Catalina
configured as an automatic service.

netstat -ano

should reveal what process is using the port.

Based on that it may be possible to find where it is started.

Arne

Roedy Green

After my Windows Vista computer is rebooted, the port 8080 is used by
the process java.exe.
This port conflict will stop tomcat from being started inside eclipse.
How to fix this problem so that after reboot, the port 8080 is not
used by any process?

Sounds like it might be Eclipse. Port 8080 is free on my machine.
Surely you can configure Tomcat to use something else as the easy way
out.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

You can’t have great software without a great team, and most software teams behave like dysfunctional families.
~ Jim McCarthy

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

albert said:
After my Windows Vista computer is rebooted, the port 8080 is used by
the process java.exe.
This port conflict will stop tomcat from being started inside eclipse.
How to fix this problem so that after reboot, the port 8080 is not
used by any process?
I look at the Config panel and do not see any Tomcat or Catalina
configured as an automatic service.

Just had a horrible flashback wondering who in their right mind would
port Java to an 8080...

--
Dirk