    what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
    Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

    , Nov 26, 2004

  2. Dan Pop Guest

    In <> writes:

    >what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
    >Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

    Ever heard of Google?

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group

    Dan Pop, Nov 26, 2004

  3. On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:52:31 +0000,
    <> wrote:

    > Ive written some C Maths programs to compute Bernoulli numbers and
    > Stirling numbers using the GMP library.
    > These have been compiled on a Knoppix/Debian PC using gcc.
    > I would like to port them to windows.
    >
    > what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
    > Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

    MinGW is a port of GCC to Windows, producing Windows compiler compatible
    code with a free (non-GPL) library. See http://www.mingw.org/ (first in
    a Google search for "mingw").

    Alternatively, since you are happy with using GPL software (otherwise
    you wouldn't be using GMP!) you could use Cygwin, which is a more
    complete emulation of a Unix-like environment. If you want to run in a
    bash shell on Windows I recomend Cygwin (I haven't used MinGW).

    Since both have ports of GCC, using GMP should be a trivial exercise
    (you may need to build the library from source or it may be included in
    the packages, I haven't checked, but it should build cleanly using
    ,.configure and make in the usual way).

    This is strictly off-topic for comp.lang.c, but I suspect that both
    Linux and Windows newsgroups would also find it OT...

    Chris C

    Chris Croughton, Nov 26, 2004

    On 26 Nov 2004 14:14:27 GMT, (Dan Pop) wrote:

    >In <> writes:
    >
    >>what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
    >>Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

    >Ever heard of Google?

    yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

    , Nov 27, 2004

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:07:24 +0000, Chris Croughton
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:52:31 +0000,
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ive written some C Maths programs to compute Bernoulli numbers and
    >> Stirling numbers using the GMP library.
    >> These have been compiled on a Knoppix/Debian PC using gcc.
    >> I would like to port them to windows.
    >>
    >> what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
    >> Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

    >MinGW is a port of GCC to Windows, producing Windows compiler compatible
    >code with a free (non-GPL) library. See http://www.mingw.org/ (first in
    >a Google search for "mingw").
    >
    >Alternatively, since you are happy with using GPL software (otherwise
    >you wouldn't be using GMP!) you could use Cygwin, which is a more
    >complete emulation of a Unix-like environment. If you want to run in a
    >bash shell on Windows I recomend Cygwin (I haven't used MinGW).
    >
    >Since both have ports of GCC, using GMP should be a trivial exercise
    >(you may need to build the library from source or it may be included in
    >the packages, I haven't checked, but it should build cleanly using
    >,.configure and make in the usual way).
    >
    >This is strictly off-topic for comp.lang.c, but I suspect that both
    >Linux and Windows newsgroups would also find it OT...
    >
    >Chris C

    thanks chris.

    , Nov 27, 2004
  6. <> wrote in message
    > On 26 Nov 2004 14:14:27 GMT, (Dan Pop) wrote:
    >
    > >In <> writes:
    > >
    > >>what is the best free C compiler for handling GMP on Windows ?
    > >>Ive heard people here mention MINGW . will that handle GMP ?

    > >Ever heard of Google?
    > >

    > yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

    That refers, of course, to the London subway, yes? MPJ

    Merrill & Michele, Nov 28, 2004

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:10:32 -0600, "Merrill & Michele"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message

    >> >Ever heard of Google?
    >> >

    >> yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

    >That refers, of course, to the London subway, yes? MPJ

    no. it ,means a pompous opinionated and ignorant person.

    , Nov 28, 2004

    writes:

    > >> yes.when i search for your name it comes up with tube,

    > >That refers, of course, to the London subway, yes? MPJ
    > >

    > no. it ,means a pompous opinionated and ignorant person.

    Are you a 38 yr.-old Dutchman who wants some advice about clc? MPJ

    Merrill & Michele, Nov 28, 2004