Possible: transfer asp website to CD?

jason

Is it possible to transfer a dynamic, asp site built on top of an Access
database onto a cd for demonstration purposes?

If not, I would appreciate some alternatives I could pursue....

Thanks
Jason

Tony Mochan

Is it possible to transfer a dynamic, asp site built on top of an Access
database onto a cd for demonstration purposes?

If not, I would appreciate some alternatives I could pursue....

Thanks
Jason

Exactly the same problem I have ...

If you use authentication / login scripts, all may be lost, but I've found
101 shareware packages that will download a site for you (and hence convert
dynamic to static) easily ... my favourite at the moment is Webdup,
although WebWhacker is number 2.

http://download.com.com/3000-2377-10147320.html

http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/whacker/index.html

My problem is, how do you get past authentication (and maintain session
info) with these products ... See "Cookie Munger" thread.

Tony

middletree

Please do a search for Octopod. It acts like IIS but runs on your CD. It's
made for exactly this. A few hundred bucks but worth it.

I've never used it, though I have never read a negative complaint about it.

jason

Thanks - I'll do a search for this, although i don't understand how this
iis-like app runs solely off the cd...

Don't you first have to run if off your harddrive and then transfer
files....

- Jason
\

jason

My mechanic does but I never understood his explanation....

Ummm, cannot find it under Google:

I tried: Octopod, Octopod - data transer, Octopod - transfer website files
to cd....

Not showing up....do you know who the developer company is?

- Jason

Ray at

Vacuum from the engine sucks in an amount of air determined by how open the
throttle plate (what your gas pedal connects to) is and the (typically)
mechanical fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor which passes through a
metering block or metering rods and then is passed through a venturi valve
to create an extremly fine mist of fuel for better mixture with the air, and
the mixture is then sent down into the intake manifold. And I don't care
what anyone says. Fuel injectors will never be able to get the same
dispersion as natural vacuum through a venturi valve! VFI is the way to go,
if you can afford it.

Ray at work

middletree

Are you a geek on two levels, Ray?

Ray at said:
Vacuum from the engine sucks in an amount of air determined by how open the
throttle plate (what your gas pedal connects to) is and the (typically)
mechanical fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor which passes through a
metering block or metering rods and then is passed through a venturi valve
to create an extremly fine mist of fuel for better mixture with the air, and
the mixture is then sent down into the intake manifold. And I don't care
what anyone says. Fuel injectors will never be able to get the same
dispersion as natural vacuum through a venturi valve! VFI is the way to go,
if you can afford it.

Ray at work

Ray at

Yeah, two or three, I suppose, although I don't know that automotive
interests are generally categorized as geeky. My favorite things include
programming, my cars, my cats, pinochle, playing music, and reading Aaron's
posts. :]

Ray at home