Post not appear on group "comp.lang.java.programmer"

Amit Jain

From last to two days i trying to post one message but after
submitting post it show me
"Your message will appear in comp.lang.java.programmer
momentarily."

But couldn't found it on Group "comp.lang.java.programmer" .

Subject of my post are

1> Display Hindi Text on JSP using Resource Bundle.
2> Internationalization and localization.

Why it is happening.

Thanks...

Ishwor Gurung

Amit said:
submitting post it show me
"Your message will appear in comp.lang.java.programmer
momentarily."

But couldn't found it on Group "comp.lang.java.programmer" .

Hey hi,
are you using Google groups or Newsgroup ?

Amit Jain

are you using Google groups or Newsgroup ?
I am using Google Groups.

Is there any alternate way to post message to
"comp.lang.java.programmer".

Thanks...

Amit Jain

Make sure you're subscribed to the group before posting.
yes I am subscribed user for Google Groups otherwise I am not able to
post any other message also.

Ishwor Gurung

Amit said:
I am using Google Groups.

Is there any alternate way to post message to
"comp.lang.java.programmer".

Yes. usenet. If you can get hold of a news server that is.
Your ISP may have one. ask them.
otherwise there are numerous free ones out there. Googling will assist you
on this one.

Amit Jain

Thanks every one...
well i want to discuss my problem/query.
How can i discuss with Group's people.

Ishwor Gurung

Amit said:
Thanks every one...
well i want to discuss my problem/query.
How can i discuss with Group's people.
Hey hi,
You are discussing. :)
Just be polite and try to be little more descriptive when you ask otherwise
people won't be able to understand what you're trying to solve.
Lot of people here recommend looking up "how to ask smart question by ESR
this that.." etc... but I think at the end of the day, it all boils down to
being friendly and using some common sense when asking question.

Note that usenet can be very unfriendly place at times with all kinds of
_words_ flying around.

HTH

Amit Jain

My last message was incomplete and unfortunately it was submitted.
Actually in last message I want to ask that can we discuss on
"Internationalization and Localization" and I mentioned in my first
message that I was am not able to post my "Internationalization and
Localization"
problem/query.

Thanks...

Andrew Thompson

Amit said:
I am using Google Groups.

Is there any alternate way to post message to
"comp.lang.java.programmer".

Besides the 'ISP' suggested by the other replier,
there are also other ways to post to the c.l.j.*
hierarchy of groups via the *web*.

The WITUN* I use, allows posting to the major
Java groups. See my sig. for links.

* Web Interface to UseNet.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Amit Jain

Thanks...

Display Hindi Text on JSP using Resource Bundle

I trying to display Hindi Text on jsp page using resource bundle and
properties file but its not showing hindi text.

text look like :->
¤® आपषे

I kept all properties file in classes folder.

My JSP code :->
<%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" language="java"
import="java.sql.*" errorPage="" %>
<%@ page import = "java.util.*" %>
"http://
<head>
<title>Localization</title>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
Hindi content

height:
500px; background:#FFCCCC; left: 234px; top: 49px;">
<%
try{
String language;
String country;
language = new String("hi");
country = new String("IN");

Locale currentLocale;
ResourceBundle messages;
currentLocale = new Locale(language,
country);
messages =
ResourceBundle.getBundle("MessagesBundle",currentLocale);

out.println(messages.getString("greetings"));

out.println(messages.getString("inquiry"));

out.println(messages.getString("farewell"));
}catch(Exception ex){
System.out.println("***exception***:->
"+ex);
}
%>

MessagesBundle.properties file :->
greetings = Hello.
farewell = Goodbye.
inquiry = How are you?

MessagesBundle_hi_IN.properties file :->
greetings =
farewell = .
inquiry = !

Roedy Green

submitting post it show me
"Your message will appear in comp.lang.java.programmer
momentarily."

But couldn't found it on Group "comp.lang.java.programmer" .

I presume you are using Google which is an indirect (and Mickey Mouse)
way to access the newsgroups. Try getting a dedicated newsreader. It
will be more reliable. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/newsreader.html

Amit Jain

Please Guide me to sort out my Hindi Text display problem.
what's I did wrong in program...

Thanks in advance...

Roedy Green

I trying to display Hindi Text on jsp page using resource bundle and
properties file but its not showing hindi text.

text look like :->
¤® आपषे

You probably don't have the Hindi-supporting font installed, or your
program did not specify one. I'd be surprised if the default Dialog
font supports Hindi. It is does have quite wide Unicode support
though.

To sort out whether the problem is the properties file or the
environment, try printing some Hindi with

JTextField f = new JTextField( "\uxxxxu\xxxx" );
f.setFont ( some hindi-supporting font...)

etc. using some hand-coded Hindi.

Roedy Green

You probably don't have the Hindi-supporting font installed, or your
program did not specify one. I'd be surprised if the default Dialog
font supports Hindi. It is does have quite wide Unicode support
though.

you might try running the FontShower applet on the machine in question
to see if it can display the Hindi character "\u0921"

see http://mindprod.com/applet/fontshower.html

Amit Jain

Thanks for your reply...

Yes applet is showing Hindi Font
and when I try out.println(\u0921) it showing on JSP.
That means there is some problem in property file...

Thanks...

Amit Jain

For creating properties file
1> use Microsoft word pad and save with name.properties
2> use native2ascii tool
native2ascii -encoding UTF-8 name.properties
MessagesBundle_hi_IN.properties.