    plz give me some clue how to fix it...

    regards
    nisheeth

    Nisheeth, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Nisheeth

    info_ Guest

    Nisheeth wrote:
    > hello group
    > i have written a vhdl file which is using
    > packages,generics etc.It compiles successfully and simulation is as
    > expected.
    > I went ahead to the next step i.e synthesis and ISE gave no
    > problem at all. Then i did post translate simulation using Modelsim
    > and my simulation results are not coming as expected...all o/p lines
    > are tristated. I got the following warning in Modelsim.
    >
    > Warning(1) : wpcal_tb.translate_vhw(86) : No default binding for
    > component "wp_cal" ( Generic "we" is not on the entity)
    >
    > plz give me some clue how to fix it...

    Looks like there is a mismatch between your component
    declaration and the actual entity for wp_cal.
    (probably the generic section which is lost at synthesis)
    If you try to do unitary timing simulation (I hope you've
    good reasons to do this, I recommend to wrap up the entity
    in a synthesizable "top level" with no generic (and indeed
    no exotic type that the synthesis will modify).
    Then you should have no trouble (using the same testbench)

    Another solution would be to use a configuration section
    to reconcile the two different entoty declarations at
    instanciation.

    info_, Apr 29, 2005

  3. Nisheeth wrote:

    > Warning(1) : wpcal_tb.translate_vhw(86) : No default binding for
    > component "wp_cal" ( Generic "we" is not on the entity)
    >
    > plz give me some clue how to fix it...

    Your netlist instance is an empty box.
    Fire up your text editor and look at wp_cal.vhd
    and see what happened to "we".

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Apr 29, 2005