Predefined variable to represent the ruby installation path?

Olivia Dou

Is there a Predefined variable that represent the ruby installation
path(on which directory ruby is installed)?

Claudio Pro

Olivia Dou said:
Is there a Predefined variable that represent the ruby installation
path(on which directory ruby is installed)?

on *nix systems you can issue the command

$ which ruby
/usr/bin/ruby

Trans

Olivia said:
Is there a Predefined variable that represent the ruby installation
path(on which directory ruby is installed)?

check out rbconfig.rb, eg:

require 'yaml'
require 'rbconfig'

y Config::CONFIG

t.

Trans

Garry said:
It would seem that Config::CONFIG['bindir'] gives the directory from which
the ruby executable is run. A lot of the other keys seem to hold promise,
but are zero lengths strings ("") on my system (SunOS 5.8).

hmm. sounds like the installation of ruby itself needs someof
improvement for SunOS.

t.