    the images still appear.

    What am I doing wrong?
    , May 31, 2007

  2. sig Guest

    On 30 May 2007 17:46:27 -0700 said
    > I want to prevent other sites hotlinking to images on my site which
    > appears as the urls:
    > japan.twinisles.com
    > japandesu.com
    >
    > I have added the following lines to.htacces
    > RewriteEngine On
    > RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://(. \.)?twinisles\.com/ [NC,OR]
    > RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://(. \.)?japandesu\.com/ [NC,OR]
    > RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://(. \.)?japan.twinisles\.com/ [NC]
    > RewriteRule .*\.(jpe?g|gif|bmp|png)$ - [F]
    >

    > However when I test it on sites such as http://www.free-webhosts.com/hotlinking-checker.php
    > the images still appear.
    >

    > What am I doing wrong?

    You are permitting _only_ hotlinks. You need to negate the conditions (put
    ! before the pattern) and remove the ORs.

    Sig

    --
    http://koiclubsandiego.org/comment/?r=8
    dee1d312e3b3a21a1e08bf2aea1273bb
    sig, May 31, 2007

  3. C. Guest

    On 31 May, 01:46, wrote:
    > I want to prevent other sites hotlinking to images on my site which
    > appears as the urls:
    > japan.twinisles.com
    > japandesu.com
    >
    > I have added the following lines to.htacces
    > RewriteEngine On
    > RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://(. \.)?twinisles\.com/ [NC,OR]
    > RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://(. \.)?japandesu\.com/ [NC,OR]
    > RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://(. \.)?japan.twinisles\.com/ [NC]
    > RewriteRule .*\.(jpe?g|gif|bmp|png)$ - [F]
    >
    > However when I test it on sites such ashttp://www.free-webhosts.com/hotlinking-checker.php
    > the images still appear.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong?

    Since the site you mention is specifically designed to demonstrate
    leeching, the people who developed it have probably planned for such a
    trivial prophylaxis. Also, if you're serious about protecting your
    site you should learn how to capture protcol level wiretaps and how to
    understand them.

    C.
    C., May 31, 2007