Print ASP.NET GridView Data spans multiple pages

anbaesivam

I need to print the ASP.NET GridView Data with large number of columns. i.e.,
all the columns can't fit in single page. Kindly provide any sample solution
to handle this.

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi,
I need to print the ASP.NET GridView Data with large number of columns. i.e.,
all the columns can't fit in single page. Kindly provide any sample solution
to handle this.

You can prepare a aspx page that is dedicated for print use. On that page
put your GridView in a style that can be fully printed. Or remove some
columns that are no needed to be printed, depending on your requirements.
Then use window.open to open that page and print it, as mentioned in the
following thread:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1130010.aspx

Please have a try and let me know if it works.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

anbaesivam

I need to print all the columns in the gridview. That is, according to width
of the page print some columns and print remaining coolumns in the next page.

Thanks in advance.

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi,
I need to print all the columns in the gridview. That is, according to width
of the page print some columns and print remaining coolumns in the next page.

Thanks in advance.

You can create an aspx page that renders several tables for print. First
step is to retrieve data from data source. The second step is to loop
through the DataTable to get max length of the content of each column (or
if you're setting fixed width for <td>, get the width of <td> here). The
third step is to create the proper number of <table>s according to step 2,
render them to client side. The last step is to use window.open to open
this page and print it, as mentioned in my previous post.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

anbaesivam

Can you provide a sample code or example?

Allen Chen said:
Hi,

You can create an aspx page that renders several tables for print. First
step is to retrieve data from data source. The second step is to loop
through the DataTable to get max length of the content of each column (or
if you're setting fixed width for <td>, get the width of <td> here). The
third step is to create the proper number of <table>s according to step 2,
render them to client side. The last step is to use window.open to open
this page and print it, as mentioned in my previous post.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Thanks for your solution.

You're welcome. Thank you for using our Newsgroup Support Service!

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).