Print via network

Maileen

Hi,

We have a little problem in 1 of our ASP page :(
on this page, we can add new printers (local or network) and to print a
report on a selected (by default) printer.

We we do the test on a local printer, it works perfectly.
Unfotunately, when we try to print the same report on one of our network
printers, it fails.

We suppose that problem is on 2 places :
- define default printer
- path of network printer.

does anybody have some tutorial or examples how to do both of these things
via ASP ?
thanks a lot,
Maileen

George

I can see 2 problems

1. Security. Account under which ASP.NET runs does not have access to that network printer. I guess you will have to impersonate (web.config) account that has all permissions.
2. The printers are added per User. So if you login on a server, install printer that printer will not exist under other account (i.e. ASP.NET account) Look for an article in KB "How to print from NT service".

Also it's always good to analyze the error you getting when it fails. Usually it says in English where problem is.

George
My Site - Body Jewelry