    files, jpeg's, xls documents, etc...

    Is it possible to do this easily?

    , Jan 26, 2005

  2. MWells Guest

    It's not... sexy... but many application support instant printing via a /p
    command line param or via OLE automation. I'd generally avoid this on a
    server but if it's an internal app with very low yield, it could do the
    trick.

    MWells, Jan 27, 2005

    Thanks for the reply. I think I should go a little more in detail about
    my problem. I have a .html file and I would like to print it without
    using the print dialog box.(i.e. double click on filepath and print
    straight to printer) Here is my code thus far:(in vb.net)

    Dim p As New Process
    Dim FilePath as string

    p.StartInfo.FileName = FilePath
    p.StartInfo.Verb = "print"
    p.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden
    p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = True
    p.Start()

    This Almost does the trick. The problem is that it keeps prompting me
    with the print dialog box. Is there a way around this? Maybe I don't
    have a property on my machine set correctly? It is probably a simple
    solution, any suggestions or insight will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks.

    , Jan 27, 2005