Printing question

Daniela Duerbeck

Hi!

I try to write a program that solves Sudokus and I thought it would be a
good idea to make HTML-pages of the "so-far-solved-puzzles"

But I encounter many obstacles: For formatting reasons I decided to
print out Zeros white on white, but when I try to really print the page,
in Firefox these letters print black, in Windows Iexplorer grey.

And the lines around do not print at all.
In IE they are shown sort of green, in Firefox grey.
http://www.deltadelta.de/nmz/sudoku.html

Now I am a bit confused. I know, that even my HTML-output is buggy, but
shouldn't white characters not be printed at all?

Thanks a lot in advance, Dani

dorayme

Daniela Duerbeck said:
Hi!

I try to write a program that solves Sudokus and I thought it would be a
good idea to make HTML-pages of the "so-far-solved-puzzles"

But I encounter many obstacles: For formatting reasons I decided to
print out Zeros white on white, but when I try to really print the page,
in Firefox these letters print black, in Windows Iexplorer grey.

And the lines around do not print at all.
In IE they are shown sort of green, in Firefox grey.
http://www.deltadelta.de/nmz/sudoku.html

Now I am a bit confused. I know, that even my HTML-output is buggy, but
shouldn't white characters not be printed at all?

First or second, you should look at validating.

Probably first though, you should be rid of all this sort of
thing:

Why the <p>, why the <span>, why the inline styles cluttering
all? Plus you cannot have font-size in styles without units (em,
%)

Get yourself a css sheet separate and link it to the html page.

shendoku.de

If you want to try out something new in sudoku, try shendoku, using
the sudoku rules but playing two people, one against the other, like
battleshipps. They have a free version to download at http://www.shendoku.com/sample.pdf
.. Anything else they are bringing out or they are working on you can
find at www.shendoku.com or at they´r blog www.shendoku.blogspot.com .
Have fun, I am. I specially like one slogan I heard about Shendoku:
SUDOKU is like masturbation (one person).... SHENDOKU is like sex (it
takes two).

Neredbojias

If you want to try out something new in sudoku, try shendoku, using
the sudoku rules but playing two people, one against the other, like
battleshipps. They have a free version to download at
http://www.shendoku.com/sample.pdf . Anything else they are bringing
out or they are working on you can find at www.shendoku.com or at
they´r blog www.shendoku.blogspot.com . Have fun, I am. I specially
like one slogan I heard about Shendoku: SUDOKU is like masturbation
(one person).... SHENDOKU is like sex (it takes two).

Do they have anything like TRIDOKU for the threesome-loving crowd?

--
Neredbojias

Once I had a little dog
Who wagged its tail spritely.
But it walked by the harvestor
And now is shorter slightly.

Daniela Duerbeck

For all, that have the same problem: (Found it at last)

There are switches in the browsers to choose how the printout comes.
And in Firefox you can switch on backgrounds and colors ...

Dani