    do I set in a command for loading a new page?

    Thank you for help

    Michael
    Michael Schrading, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Michael Schrading wrote:

    > Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
    > printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
    > do I set in a command for loading a new page?

    CSS 2 lets you do stuff like this, but the CSS print stuff is only
    properly supported in Opera 6+.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Feb 3, 2004

  3. I have read the following message from "Michael Schrading" <>
    and have decided to lend my vast knowledge.

    The writer said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My question is: How to print out to seperate pages but I have only one html
    > page?
    >
    > Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
    > printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
    > do I set in a command for loading a new page?
    >
    > Thank you for help
    >
    > Michael

    and my reply is:
    The following worked on my printer with netscape.

    test1<br>
    test2

    Test 1 and 2 were on 2 pages.

    --
    Dennis M. Marks
    http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/

    Dennis M. Marks, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Michael Schrading

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:21:05 +0000, Toby A Inkster
    <> wrote:

    : Michael Schrading wrote:
    :
    : > Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to a
    : > printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
    : > do I set in a command for loading a new page?
    :
    : CSS 2 lets you do stuff like this, but the CSS print stuff is only
    : properly supported in Opera 6+.

    print-page-before:always; works in IE as well. :)

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Feb 3, 2004
  5. "Michael Schrading" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi,
    >
    > My question is: How to print out to seperate pages but I have only one

    html
    > page?
    >
    > Means, I have some tabels in one html pages which I would like to send to

    > printer but in between this tables the Printer should load a new page. How
    > do I set in a command for loading a new page?
    >
    > Thank you for help
    >
    > Michael

    Thank you to all of you. I'll try this out.

    Michael
    Michael Schrading, Feb 4, 2004
  6. Michael Schrading

    Steve R. Guest

    Sid Ismail wrote in message ...
    > print-page-before:always; works in IE as well. :)

    Do you have an example URL for this, so we can see just whereabout that
    mark-up fits into the overall page mark-up.
    Steve R., Feb 4, 2004
  7. Michael Schrading

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Steve R. wrote:
    > Sid Ismail wrote in message ...
    >> print-page-before:always; works in IE as well. :)

    > Do you have an example URL for this, so we can see just whereabout
    > that mark-up fits into the overall page mark-up.

    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/pagebreak.htm
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Feb 4, 2004
  8. Michael Schrading

    Steve R. Guest

    Steve R., Feb 4, 2004
  9. Michael Schrading

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Steve R. wrote:
    > Nico Schuyt wrote in message ...
    >> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/pagebreak.htm

    > Wow ... thanks that was quick !!

    > I hope other *lurkers* will also appreciate your efforts.

    I hope so too :) It's however more interesting if someone points me to the
    fact it's an invalid solution and offers a better one. I'm here to learn
    too.
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Feb 4, 2004
  10. Michael Schrading

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <4020cd07$0$245$>,
    says...
    > > Nico Schuyt wrote in message ...
    > >> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/pagebreak.htm

    > > Wow ... thanks that was quick !!
    > > I hope other *lurkers* will also appreciate your efforts.

    > I hope so too :) It's however more interesting if someone points me to the
    > fact it's an invalid solution and offers a better one. I'm here to learn

    Ok, not trying to start an argument about editors so don't take it that
    way.

    The newest version of Dreamweaver, now has type ahead help for CSS. (MX
    had type ahead help for HTML only)

    This is better than any manual I have found for learning.

    I type:
    h1 {

    And it replys with a list of all the possibilities you can choose. I
    click on "page-break-before"

    Then it displays a list of all the possible choices I have (always,
    auto, void inherit left right)

    I find this more helpful that all the manuals in the world.

    YMMV

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 4, 2004
  11. Michael Schrading

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:
    > says...

    >>> Wow ... thanks that was quick !!
    >>> I hope other *lurkers* will also appreciate your efforts.

    >> I hope so too :) It's however more interesting if someone points me
    >> to the fact it's an invalid solution and offers a better one. I'm
    >> here to learn

    > Ok, not trying to start an argument about editors ...

    What a pity. Alway such an interesting subject :0

    > The newest version of Dreamweaver, now has type ahead help for CSS.
    > (MX had type ahead help for HTML only)
    > This is better than any manual I have found for learning.
    > I type: <style type="text/css"> h1 {
    > And it replys with a list of all the possibilities you can choose. I
    > click on "page-break-before"
    > Then it displays a list of all the possible choices I have (always,
    > auto, void inherit left right)
    > I find this more helpful that all the manuals in the world.

    Did you try TopStyle light? Does the same and is free :)
    In practice it's often easier to do it by hand:
    - Most of the times you copy and paste from an existing stylesheet
    - You don't need most of the (hundreds of) (default) properties
    - A clean white NotePad (or FrontPage :) screen is a blessing for the eye
    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Feb 4, 2004
  12. Michael Schrading

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <4020d720$0$89918$>,
    says...
    > > Ok, not trying to start an argument about editors ...

    > What a pity. Alway such an interesting subject :0
    > > The newest version of Dreamweaver...

    > Did you try TopStyle light? Does the same and is free :)

    Nope never tried it, but I find the type-ahead help to be an awesome
    asset to ANY development tool.

    > In practice it's often easier to do it by hand:
    > - Most of the times you copy and paste from an existing stylesheet
    > - You don't need most of the (hundreds of) (default) properties
    > - A clean white NotePad (or FrontPage :) screen is a blessing for the eye

    But you learn nothing. Type-ahead help, in almost any application,
    allows you to not only get the help you want, it also allows you to
    quickly see all the other options to. Much like in music. When A
    songwriter learns something new, (a new form of a chord, or a new
    turnaround, what ever) They tend to instantly write a new song
    incorporating what they just learned.

    Type-ahead help is like that. It can quickly let you glance at what is
    out there, if you learn something new, you will probably use it.

    Man, 4 posts, and it is still civil.....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 4, 2004
  13. Michael Schrading

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:
    > says...
    >> Whitecrest wrote:

    >>> The newest version of Dreamweaver...

    >> Did you try TopStyle light? Does the same and is free :)

    > Nope never tried it, but I find the type-ahead help to be an awesome
    > asset to ANY development tool.
    >
    >> In practice it's often easier to do it by hand:
    >> - Most of the times you copy and paste from an existing stylesheet
    >> - You don't need most of the (hundreds of) (default) properties
    >> - A clean white NotePad (or FrontPage :) screen is a blessing for
    >> the eye

    > But you learn nothing. Type-ahead help, in almost any application,
    > allows you to not only get the help you want, it also allows you to
    > quickly see all the other options to. Much like in music. When A
    > songwriter learns something new, (a new form of a chord, or a new
    > turnaround, what ever) They tend to instantly write a new song
    > incorporating what they just learned.

    Wow, you are almost lyrical about the DW :). Perhaps I should give it a
    try.

    Nico
    Nico Schuyt, Feb 4, 2004
  14. Michael Schrading

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:32:11 GMT, "Steve R."
    <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote:

    : Sid Ismail wrote in message ...
    : > print-page-before:always; works in IE as well. :)
    :
    : Do you have an example URL for this, so we can see just whereabout that
    : mark-up fits into the overall page mark-up.
    :

    http://myweb.absa.co.za/elsid/results/2004feb04!!.htm

    I didn't write the HTML - it is generated through a Bridge Scoring program.
    Print it out, and have a look. :)

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Feb 4, 2004
  15. Michael Schrading

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Feb 4, 2004
  16. Michael Schrading

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 06:01:43 -0500, Whitecrest <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Ok, not trying to start an argument about editors so don't take it that
    > way.

    How boring.

    > The newest version of Dreamweaver, now has type ahead help for CSS. (MX
    > had type ahead help for HTML only)

    Does it use CSS instead of <font> tags now?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Feb 4, 2004