Problem attaching script debugger to ASP under IIS6

Andrew Taranov

Hi!

I've got a problem attaching the Script Debugger to ASP
pages under IIS6. Set up everything following IIS6
documentation: turned on ASP debug in IIS Manager; edited
permissions for Machine Debug Manager in the DCOM
configuration, giving Launch and Activate permissions to
Network Service (which is the account for the
corresponding process pool).

IIS is in WP isolation mode. ASP is activated. Sending
detailed error info to the browser is activated and works
fine. No errors in event log about DCOM app attach
permission denials.

Any ideas?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Andrew said:
Hi!

I've got a problem attaching the Script Debugger to ASP
pages under IIS6. Set up everything following IIS6
documentation: turned on ASP debug in IIS Manager; edited
permissions for Machine Debug Manager in the DCOM
configuration, giving Launch and Activate permissions to
Network Service (which is the account for the
corresponding process pool).

IIS is in WP isolation mode. ASP is activated. Sending
detailed error info to the browser is activated and works
fine. No errors in event log about DCOM app attach
permission denials.

Any ideas?

I don't know the answer. I assume you've tried google or a search of the KB
at support.microsoft.com ...

If you don't get any response here, you should try the .inetserver.iis
group. Maybe someone there can help or point you in the right direction.

Bob Barrows