Problem installing Win32::SerialPort

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Richard S Beckett, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Hello World! :)

    I get this error when trying to install Win32::SerialPort from the active
    state suppository. I checked their website, and it said that it works with
    perl 5.6...

    D:\Perl\lib>ppm install Win32::SerialPort
    Installing package 'Win32-SerialPort'...
    Error installing package 'Win32-SerialPort': Read a PPD for
    'Win32-SerialPort', but it is not intended for this build of Perl
    (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

    D:\Perl\lib>perl -v

    Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall

    Binary build 632 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
    Built 03:40:44 Jun 3 2002

    What do I need to do to be able to install this module?

    Thanks.

    R.

    Richard S Beckett, Jul 7, 2003