Problem loading a module

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jonas Galvez, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Jonas Galvez

    Jonas Galvez Guest

    I'll let the shell log do the talking:

    # gem install geoip --remote
    Attempting remote installation of 'geoip'
    Successfully installed geoip-0.2.0
    Installing RDoc documentation for geoip-0.2.0...

    # irb --simple-prompt
    >> require 'geoip'

    LoadError: no such file to load -- geoip
    from (irb):1:in `require'
    from (irb):1
    >>=20

    The file seems to be there:

    # slocate geoip | grep rb$
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/geoip-0.2.0/lib/geoip.rb

    Any clues?

    --Jonas Galvez

    Jonas Galvez, Jun 29, 2005

  2. On Jun 28, 2005, at 9:32 PM, Jonas Galvez wrote:

    > I'll let the shell log do the talking:
    >
    > # gem install geoip --remote
    > Attempting remote installation of 'geoip'
    > Successfully installed geoip-0.2.0
    > Installing RDoc documentation for geoip-0.2.0...
    >
    > # irb --simple-prompt
    >
    >>> require 'geoip'
    >>>

    > LoadError: no such file to load -- geoip
    > from (irb):1:in `require'
    > from (irb):1
    >

    > The file seems to be there:
    >
    > # slocate geoip | grep rb$
    > /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/geoip-0.2.0/lib/geoip.rb
    >
    > Any clues?
    >
    > --Jonas Galvez

    Is -rubygems in $RUBYOPT? if not you may want to put it there, either
    that or do
    require 'rubygems'
    require 'geoip'

    Logan Capaldo, Jun 29, 2005