Problem moving applications from Windows XP Pro to Windows 2003 Server

Michael Johnson Sr.

I have an application which I developed in C# ASP.NET. It uses SQL Server
which is on a Virtual PC using Virtual PC 2004. It works great, no
problems.

I moved the user controls, aspx files, dll, and other important files to
Windows 2003 Server, then I created a virtual directory in IIS. When I view
the site, I get an error message saying trust levels won't allow debug mode.
So i modified the web.config and set debug = "false". Then I get the error
message about a security exception related to SQLClient, not allowing it in
the current security policy. When I run the application, I see "Local
Intranet" in the right corner, so I went into the 1.1 framework
configuration, and set "Local Intranet" to full control, and still get the
same message.

I have had alot of problems moving applications from my Windows XP Pro box
to another server. When I move it to europe.webmatrix.net they seem to work
without a problem (although I haven't moved a sql program, only access ones)
but when i move it to a local Windows 2003 box, it always seems to have
problems.

I am using SQL Authentication in the application and not windows trusted.