Problem registering a web service in VS 2005

Tim_k

Hi,

I'm getting this error from Visual Studio 2005 when I do an Add Web Reference.

I'm trying to connect to a web service from mQube. I can access the service
through an http post in a browser so I know my login is ok.

I get a warning that the cerficate has not been allowed by me. I've found a
couple things in a google search on this that didn't make much sense.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Tim

This is the error returned.

There was an error downloading
'https://studio.mqube.us/campaignapp/services/MessagingWS2?WSDL'.

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a
receive.

m_safeCertContext is an invalid handle.

Tim_k

Gaurav Vaish (EduJini.IN) said:
Can you elaborate?

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish

Here are the steps I'm doing with the current error:
1. Add Web Reference (in VS 2005)
2. I get a Security Alert saying I haven't chosen to trust this company...
3. I view the certificate and install it successfully (I'm not sure what
I'm doing at this point...)
4. I get a Security Alert from VS saying VS detected a problem with a
company I don't trust...
5. I reply Yes to continue and get this error
Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type
'EnvDTE.IVsExtensibility'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface
call on the COM component for the interface with IID
'{3C536122-57B1-46DE-AB34-ACC524140093}' failed due to the following error:
No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002
(E_NOINTERFACE)).

It shows the methods in the web service but I'm not able to add the
reference (greyed out).

It seems like I need to add trust for this certificate? I'm over my head
here.
Thanks,
Tim

Tim_k

Gaurav,

I tried to install their certificate when I got the first error. I'm
probably missing some basics with certifcates here. Can you suggest a good
article to help me understand this? I'm just trying to consume a web service
from a sms provider. I didn't realize I needed the security certificate
background.

Thanks for your help,

Tim