Problem Running Working Code on Mac

Discussion in 'Python' started by hg, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. hg

    hg Guest

    goodepic wrote:

    > I'm newish to python and just got my first mac, so sorry if this is
    > stupid. I have a little app developed by someone else in wxGlade that
    > implements a complex stats package and language package, all in python.
    > It works fine on my work PC, but not on my laptop. I have a new
    > macbook 2ghz core duo, running os x 10.4.8 with python 2.5 installed (I
    > didn't erase the base 2.3, just put /usr/local/bin at the start of
    > $PATH), along with the latest wxPython, can't remember the version
    > number. I need to add a few more components from the stats package,
    > and I'd like eventually to pretty up the cheap GUI I was given, but
    > that'd be icing. When I try either python <filename> or pythonw
    > <filename>, I get this error:
    >
    > WARNING:root:Could not import module "PyPar", defining sequential
    > interface
    > WARNING:root:No MySQLdb module available
    > WARNING:root:No pgdb module (PostgreSQL) available
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "febrlgui.py", line 513, in <module>
    > frame_1 = MyFrame(None, -1, "")
    > File "febrlgui.py", line 198, in __init__
    > self.__set_properties()
    > File "febrlgui.py", line 355, in __set_properties
    > self.a_box1.SetSelection(-1)
    > File
    > "//Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-mac-ansi/wx/_core.py",
    > line 11487, in SetSelection
    > return _core_.ItemContainer_SetSelection(*args, **kwargs)
    > wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "IsValid(n)" failed at
    > /BUILD/wxPython-src-2.8.0.1/src/mac/carbon/choice.cpp(242) in
    > GetString(): wxChoice::GetString(): invalid index
    >
    > Of course I'm traveling soon and need to be able to work on this on my
    > macbook, so it's down to panic time. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Matt

    I'd get rid of the warnings first by installing the correct librairies
    (PyPar, MySQLDB, pgdb) .... who knows what the side effect are ?

    hg

    goodepic, Jan 4, 2007

  3. hg

    goodepic Guest

    Also, if it makes a difference, the lines quoted in the error message
    were actually written automatically by wxGlade.

    goodepic, Jan 4, 2007
  4. hg

    goodepic Guest

    I got rid of all the warnings but the pgdb one. I got postgresql and
    pygresql installed, but the pgdb installed on the base python install
    of python 2.3, and isn't found by my updated python 2.5 install, into
    which I've successfully installed the other modules I needed.

    Anyway, getting mysql and pypar didn't help, and I get those same three
    exact warnings when I run the script successfully on my work PC. I'm
    getting the same exact error quoted above still.

    Any more ideas? I really appreciate any help here!!

    goodepic, Jan 5, 2007
  5. hg

    goodepic Guest

    I got pgdb installed right, so I've got no more warnings. Otherwise
    the output is exactly the same as quoted above!!

    goodepic, Jan 5, 2007