    errors. Or maybe I should create some asp.net code which writes the url to
    the database when 404 code is triggered?

    any suggestions?

    Jeff, Feb 23, 2010

  2. On Feb 23, 7:37 pm, "Jeff" <> wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > asp.net 3.5
    >
    > Webalizer reports response code 404 about 939 times, that is about 40% of
    > the requests. But I have problem finding these 404 errors myself. So far I
    > haven't come accross them myself... So I was looking for a way to detect
    > them. You know about a link which I could use to validate my site for 404
    > errors. Or maybe I should create some asp.net code which writes the url to
    > the database when 404 code is triggered?
    >
    > any suggestions?

    Webalizer doesn't show such details. You can try to analize referrers
    section, maybe there is a link on other website which leads to 404. I
    would recommend to use another statistics tool, Webalizer is really
    bad and basic. If you can't change it (e.g. because of shared
    hosting), setup a page for 404 error and log from where you get
    requests there.

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 23, 2010

  3. Jeff

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Jeff wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > asp.net 3.5
    >
    > Webalizer reports response code 404 about 939 times, that is about 40% of
    > the requests. But I have problem finding these 404 errors myself. So far I
    > haven't come accross them myself... So I was looking for a way to detect
    > them. You know about a link which I could use to validate my site for 404
    > errors. Or maybe I should create some asp.net code which writes the url to
    > the database when 404 code is triggered?
    >
    > any suggestions?

    Why don't you look at the IIS logs?

    Mr. Arnold, Feb 24, 2010
  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Why don't you look at the IIS logs?

    can I access the IIS logs from a shared hosting solution? This is IIS6 by
    the way

    Jeff, Feb 24, 2010
  5. Hello Jeff,

    > Can I access the IIS logs from a shared hosting solution?

    Some hosting providers do provide access to IIS logs -- I suggest that you
    check with your provider. You usually must log in to their control panel,
    and from there, you can find the logs if they are available. Sometimes, they
    zip the logs for you on a daily/weekly basis.

    Hope this helps!

    --
    Regards,

    Jani Järvinen
    C# MVP
    Vantaa, Finland
    E-mail:
    Business: http://www.nimacon.net/
    Personal: http://www.saunalahti.fi/janij/

    Jani Järvinen [MVP], Feb 24, 2010
  6. On Feb 24, 7:33 am, "Jani Järvinen [MVP]"
    <> wrote:
    > Hello Jeff,
    >
    > > Can I access the IIS logs from a shared hosting solution?

    > Some hosting providers do provide access to IIS logs -- I suggest that you
    > check with your provider. You usually must log in to their control panel,
    > and from there, you can find the logs if they are available. Sometimes, they
    > zip the logs for you on a daily/weekly basis.
    >
    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Jani Järvinen
    > C# MVP
    > Vantaa, Finland
    > E-mail:
    > Business:http://www.nimacon.net/
    > Personal:http://www.saunalahti.fi/janij/

    If they run webalizer then it's possible that the referrer field is
    not logged because it's not used by webalizer.

    BTW, I believe that 404 is because of missing image file.

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 24, 2010