Problem with access to MACHINE.CONFIG

Roy Chastain

I have a simple page or two and a simple global.asax file that loads some configuration from the web.config file.

I developed this on a Windows XP box with framework version 1.1 installed. I run it on a 2003 box with both version 1.0 and 1.1 installed.
This appears to work.

When move the page and code to my clients hosting service (Earthlink) which only supports version 1.0 of the framework, I get the error
below. I know that my WEB.CONFIG file is being read because if I put something bad in it like <?xml version="1.0"?>, I get an error. I
have even signed the assembly that is created from the code behind pages. I have tried to not supply an assembly (and let IIS do a JITC on
the pages), but then I get an inherit error in the global.asax set of files.

I really don't understand enough of this to fix it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Below is my web.config file
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/>
<supportedRuntime version="v1.0.3705"/>
<requiredRuntime version="v1.0.3705"/>
</startup>
<appSettings>
<add key="subject_welcome" value="Henry's Crawfish Club - Welcome" />
<add key="subject_remove" value="Henry's Crawfish Club - Remove" />
<add key="subject_password" value="Henry's Crawfish Club - Password" />
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

Error loading XML file c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type
System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
failed. (c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config)

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Error loading XML file
c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type
System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
failed. (c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

Stack Trace:

[ConfigurationException: Error loading XML file c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission
of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config)]
System.Configuration.ConfigurationRecord.OpenXmlTextReader(String configFileName) +425
System.Configuration.ConfigurationRecord.Load(String filename) +205
System.Configuration.DefaultConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.IConfigurationSystem.Init() +164
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.SetConfigurationSystem(IConfigurationSystem configSystem) +117
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig(String sectionName) +114
System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.get_AppSettings() +16
CrawfishClub.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\documents and
settings\roy\vswebcache\henry.sohotech.biz\crawfishclub\global.asax.cs:78